Old 09-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Rashkae

Default Unsubscribing

Karl Larsen wrote:

> Since you dislike what I said why are you saying what you say?
>

> Karl

I thought it would be a polite way of saying you're full of crap while
at the same time, being direct enough that even a *really* thick person
would still grok my meaning.

It seems I was wrong on both counts however, so I admit my error in
choosing those words to convey my feelings.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:50 AM
James Takac

Hi Mark

On Thursday 04 September 2008 01:15:23 Mark Haney wrote:
> James Takac wrote:
> > Hi Mark
> >

> > As a side note here when Ubuntu is installed in the examples folder one
> > will find a vid of Nelson Mandella explaining the meaning of Ubuntu which
> > seems to reflect an ideal and certainly doesn't reflect what I can see
> > above in Karl's answer
> >
> > James
>
> Okay, before I answer this, is your comment directed to ward MY answer
> to Karl? Or to Karl's answer to Chris?

That's a good Q now but I think a lil of each. It was late when I replied

James

Old 10-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Wade Smart

Izaim Osmani wrote:
> Stop Sending me those emails please, I dont want news about linux or
> windows, my inbox got 200 messages per day, are you playing, stop these
> messages.
>
> Izaim Osmani
> izaimosmani@hotmail.com <mailto:izaimosmani@hotmail.com>

20081006 1713 GMT-6

Okay, first off, your just being rude which will get you no where.
But, since rude people suck - Ill help you get gone.

Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

Old 10-06-2008, 10:26 PM
steve

Old 10-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Eduard Goiu

Old 10-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Nigel Henry

On Tuesday 07 October 2008 00:15, Wade Smart wrote:
> Izaim Osmani wrote:
> > Stop Sending me those emails please, I dont want news about linux or
> > windows, my inbox got 200 messages per day, are you playing, stop these
> > messages.
> >
> > Izaim Osmani
> > izaimosmani@hotmail.com <mailto:izaimosmani@hotmail.com>
>
> 20081006 1713 GMT-6
>
> Okay, first off, your just being rude which will get you no where.
> But, since rude people suck - Ill help you get gone.
>
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

Hey Man. You've just accused the guy of being rude. I see nothing rude in his
request. He seems upset. It is possible that someone else has subscribed him
to the list, somehow or other, and in which case your suggestion to
unsubscribe is hardly likely to work, as he doesn't know the password to
change settings/unsubscribe, etc.

Nigel.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Wade Smart

Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 October 2008 00:15, Wade Smart wrote:
>> Izaim Osmani wrote:
>>> Stop Sending me those emails please, I dont want news about linux or
>>> windows, my inbox got 200 messages per day, are you playing, stop these
>>> messages.
>>>
>>> Izaim Osmani
>>> izaimosmani@hotmail.com <mailto:izaimosmani@hotmail.com>
>> 20081006 1713 GMT-6
>>
>> Okay, first off, your just being rude which will get you no where.
>> But, since rude people suck - Ill help you get gone.
>>
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>
> Hey Man. You've just accused the guy of being rude. I see nothing rude in his
> request. He seems upset. It is possible that someone else has subscribed him
> to the list, somehow or other, and in which case your suggestion to
> unsubscribe is hardly likely to work, as he doesn't know the password to
> change settings/unsubscribe, etc.
>
> Nigel.

20081060 1744 GMT-6

Hmmm.... point taken.

Wade

Old 10-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Rashkae

Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 October 2008 00:15, Wade Smart wrote:
>> Izaim Osmani wrote:
>>> Stop Sending me those emails please, I dont want news about linux or
>>> windows, my inbox got 200 messages per day, are you playing, stop these
>>> messages.
>>>
>>> Izaim Osmani
>>> izaimosmani@hotmail.com <mailto:izaimosmani@hotmail.com>
>> 20081006 1713 GMT-6
>>
>> Okay, first off, your just being rude which will get you no where.
>> But, since rude people suck - Ill help you get gone.
>>
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>
> Hey Man. You've just accused the guy of being rude. I see nothing rude in his
> request. He seems upset. It is possible that someone else has subscribed him
> to the list, somehow or other, and in which case your suggestion to
> unsubscribe is hardly likely to work, as he doesn't know the password to
> change settings/unsubscribe, etc.
>
> Nigel.

That's silly,, I've never memorized a mailing list password my whole
life,, whenever I need to change something, I just click the "I'm a
idiot who doesn't know his password button" and one gets e-mailed to me.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:34 AM
"Anthony M. Rasat"

>come on people, this is just plain >ridiculous the amount of people >that
>ask how to unsubscribe?!!

Just to put you in other's perspectives: English is not our mother's tongue language. Yes, word subscribe and unsubscribe is confusing, especially for users not accustomed with mail-based services.

Did you know, first time I wrote a question to a mailing list many years ago, I have sweated my palms just for anticipating responses? Was it a good question or stupid question? Will it receive sympathetic answer or harsh one? But most worries are came from "did I spell it right?"

Now I hope that will give you a consideration before outbursts over subscribe and unsubscribe.

Anthony M. Rasat
Manager - Technical, Network and Support Division
PT. Jawa Pos National Network
Graha Pena Jawa Pos Group Building, 5th floor
Jln. Raya Kebayoran Lama 12, Jakarta Barat 12210
Indonesia.-
Phone 02132185562
Phone 081574217035
Fax 02153651465
Web http://www.jpnn.com

Old 10-07-2008, 12:47 AM
MJang

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 00:34 +0000, Anthony M. Rasat wrote:
> >come on people, this is just plain >ridiculous the amount of people >that
> >ask how to unsubscribe?!!
>
> Just to put you in other's perspectives: English is not our mother's tongue language. Yes, word subscribe and unsubscribe is confusing, especially for users not accustomed with mail-based services.
>
> Did you know, first time I wrote a question to a mailing list many years ago, I have sweated my palms just for anticipating responses? Was it a good question or stupid question? Will it receive sympathetic answer or harsh one? But most worries are came from "did I spell it right?"
>
> Now I hope that will give you a consideration before outbursts over subscribe and unsubscribe.

In addition, for those who subscribe to digests, the "Unsubscribe"
message is there once, all the way at the bottom of the grouped email of
messages.

It is when people Unsubscribe, for whatever reason, when we in the
Ubuntu community should be the most courteous.

Thanks,
Mike