Old 12-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Wally

Default Multi set ups

I have Ubuntu 7.10 running on a P4 machine with XP also installed.

When I first installed 7.04, the setup hung for the first three times I
tried to install. The copy I had d/led was bad, had to get a install
disc before it worked.

But it left six different paritions on my HD, all around 40 to 60 gig in
size. But I am only using one volume, so how do I get rid of the other
volumes and how can I tell which one is the one I need to keep?

Am running out of room on the volume that I am running from.

Thanks,

WALLY

Old 12-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Tom Bamford

Wally wrote:
> I have Ubuntu 7.10 running on a P4 machine with XP also installed.
>
> When I first installed 7.04, the setup hung for the first three times I
> tried to install. The copy I had d/led was bad, had to get a install
> disc before it worked.
>
> But it left six different paritions on my HD, all around 40 to 60 gig in
> size. But I am only using one volume, so how do I get rid of the other
> volumes and how can I tell which one is the one I need to keep?
>
> Am running out of room on the volume that I am running from.
>
> Thanks,
>
> WALLY
Assuming you haven't got a setup where the other partitions are being
used and are mounted in your filesystem (check your fstab) you can boot
from an Ubuntu live CD and use Gparted to delete the extraneous
partitions and expand the system partition to fill the space.

Regards,
Tom