Old 12-04-2007, 05:33 PM
"John Dangler"

Default graphics on laptop

This is making me a bit nutz...
It seems every time I try and make my laptop graphics cooperate, I keep
making it worse...
Dell Latititude D810 w/2GB RAM, Ubu 7.10 (vanilla)
ATI M24 1P (Radeon Mobility X600) [according to hw info]

I have a second monitor (Dell 1701fp Analog) that I was trying to get
working, but no matter what type/driver/res/refresh combination I tried,
it wouldn't pass a test run.

I must have done something intermittently to the primary video, since
after the last two tests, I'm currently running X at 600 x 400, (since
it is now the only resolution possible).

A little help would be greatly appreciated - I can't even see a full
screen so controlling windows on any apps is right out...