Old 12-04-2007, 02:37 PM

Default azureus dissapears

On Dec 4, 2007 7:20 AM, AlgoMantra <algomantra@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was unable to get good old bittorrent working on Gutsy,
> so I installed Azureus. But everytime I launch it, the windows
> comes up and disappears. I don't know how to track
> my torrent or to see if it is downloading...

Azerus will create an icon that looks like a blue frog in the panel in
the upper right if it is running. You can double click the icon to
bring an Azerus window up.

From your description, it sounds like azerus is straight-out crashing,
however. I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. Here's how I
solved it:

1) I blew up my Azerus settings by renaming the .azerus directory in
my home directory. To do so, either drop to a terminal and type:

mv ~/.azerus ~/.azerus.not

Or open a nautilus (file browser) window, click View -> Show Hidden
Files, find the .azerus directory, and rename it.

Then I opened Azerus without opening a torrent (Applications ->
Internet -> Azerus), and disabled "fast resume" mode after going
through the Azerus prompts to setup my connection. Here's how:

Click Tools -> Options
Click "Files" in the list on the left
Uncheck the "Use Fast Resume Mode" option

I think that azerus was crashing because it had bad "fast resume" info
about one of the torrents I was running. Initially, I just blew up my
.azerus directory to fix the problem, which removed the bad torrent
info. But I kept having the problem. Disabling fast resume seemed to
fix it, without hurting much of anything (the bittorrent protocol can
resume all by itself after being interrupted, though it does take a
little bit longer.)

If the above doesn't work, try opening a terminal, and launching
azerus by typing "azerus" and hitting enter. This won't fix the
issue, but it will give you all sorts of juicy error messages that you
can post to the list so that we can help you better :-)

~PeteVG

READ CAREFULLY. By reading this email, you agree, on behalf of your
employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from
any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service,
shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure,
non-compete and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I
have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents
and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and
privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to
release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:02 PM
AlgoMantra

If the above doesn't work, try opening a terminal, and launching

azerus by typing "azerus" and hitting enter. *This won't fix the
issue, but it will give you all sorts of juicy error messages that you
can post to the list so that we can help you better :-)

~PeteVG

i still haven't tried the promising spell, but here's what the terminal sez, brother:

fadereu@fadeurium:~$ azureus
changeLocale: *Default Language* != English (India). Searching without country..
changeLocale: Searching for language English in *any* country..changeLocale: no message properties for Locale 'English (India)' (en_IN), using 'English (default)'
## An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
##* SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xb480e74b, pid=6205, tid=3084979088
## Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (
1.6.0_03-b05 mixed mode, sharing)# Problematic frame:
# C* [libglibjni-0.4.so+0xb74b]#
# An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid6205.log#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:#**
http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp#
Aborted (core dumped)fadereu@fadeurium:~$

Old 12-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Caleb Marcus

I was unable to get good old bittorrent working on Gutsy,

so I installed Azureus. But everytime I launch it, the windows

comes up and disappears. I don't know how to track

my torrent or to see if it is downloading...

any ideas?

Azureus has always been really unstable and messed up for me on Ubuntu... I suggest giving Deluge a try, and saving yourself the hassle of trying to get Azureus to work smoothly.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:54 AM
AlgoMantra

Azureus has always been really unstable and messed up for me on Ubuntu... I suggest giving Deluge a try, and saving yourself the hassle of trying to get Azureus to work smoothly.

Bye bye, Azureus. Hello Deluge! It's working fine!
--
------- * *-.-
1/f * ))) *--.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:09 AM
abbigss

I had the same problem with azureus for many times but did not find any
satisfying solutions.
I recommend Ktorrent for gutsy...

Old 12-05-2007, 09:13 AM
abbigss

Deluge has some problems about allocating the filesystem..
it sometimes does not recognise the data downloaded and starts the
download from the beginning.. Ktorrent has no such problems and working
stable in gutsy

AlgoMantra yazmış:

Old 12-05-2007, 09:18 AM
AlgoMantra

Deluge has some problems about allocating the filesystem..
it sometimes does not recognise the data downloaded and starts the
download from the beginning.. Ktorrent has no such problems and working
stable in gutsy

thanks a lot. I noticed that even Deluge keeps dissappearing* off the system
tray. if it happens more, i'll switch to Ktorrent.