Old 12-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Peter Garrett

Default Installing Apache2, PHP, MySql as one single .deb file or 3.deb files ?

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 02:30:36 -0800 (PST)
Don Don <progwihz@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Nice one Jack ! did not think of that. Just to add do I install from the Server CD when am booted into the desktop environment or do I boot from the server CD to install LAMP. And either way I dont want to loose my desktop environment.

The packages should be on the CD - so you might need to add that CD to
your sources, although the system will normally recognise it as an Ubuntu
CD, and offer to do so.

If you then run

sudo tasksel

you can choose the LAMP option.

I have not done this personally, but I think it should work... and it will
not remove your desktop at all.

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" based on Ubuntu 7.04 Live CD: http://inx.maincontent.net