Old 12-04-2007, 10:05 AM
"Anthony Papillion"

Default SOLVED: Question about wireless (again)

Hello Again Everyone,

Wouldn't you know it: after 3 hours of searching, I posted a question
asking for help and then stumbled upon the answer to my own question.
I've fixed my wireless connection but I'd still like to know why it
didn't work to begin with. Maybe it's obvious and I'm missing it.

I went to my /etc/network/interfaces file and there I found

1: A definition for the lo interface which I left alone and

2. A definition for the ath0 interface which looked like this:

iface ath0 inet dhcp
wireless-essid FreeInternetConnection

auto ath0

That didn't look right to me so I took the auto ath0 line and placed
it before the iface command. Rebooted my system and viola! it worked.
Networking came up and I can now suf the net.

My question now is: was the placement of the auto ath0 statement the
problem or was it just a coincidence that it worked when I changed it?

Thanks,
Anthony