Old 12-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Jef Driesen

Default How can I change locale settings (datetime, currency,...)

How can I change the locale of my entire system and for one user only? I
already know how to use the LC_* environment variables for applications
launched from a shell (e.g export LC_TIME="nl_BE.UTF-8"). But how can I
make this change for the entire desktop?

I want to have numbers, date/time and currency in Dutch (Belgium)
format, but the language should remain English.

And what if I want to customize my system even more. For instance the
date format with LC_TIME="nl_BE.UTF-8" is DD-MM-YY, but I would like to
change that to DD-MM-YYYY.