Old 11-20-2007, 11:48 AM
"TEREZA SIMCIC"

Default LAMP and web folder

Hi,
I'm trying to work this out for couple of days...thus, the web folder is /var/www and when I try to save my pages made with some webpage editors there, there is a warning that access is denied, as expected. I'd like to know how to configure permissions here. Or I should make a new virtual directory in my home directory?

Cheers, Tereza
...veliko lepih trenutkov...
Tereza
http://za-te.net

"A Dream is a Wish...
Much better than any Fantasy...
The only problem...

Is the time it takes to become
a Reality"

Old 11-20-2007, 11:59 AM
"Jensen Somers"

Hello,

On Nov 20, 2007 1:48 PM, TEREZA SIMCIC <tereza.simcic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to work this out for couple of days...thus, the web folder is
> /var/www and when I try to save my pages made with some webpage editors
> there, there is a warning that access is denied, as expected. I'd like to
> know how to configure permissions here. Or I should make a new virtual
> directory in my home directory?
> Cheers, Tereza

> ...veliko lepih trenutkov...
> Tereza
> http://za-te.net
>
> "A Dream is a Wish...
> Much better than any Fantasy...
> The only problem...
> Is the time it takes to become
> a Reality"

It is possible to setup virtual directories in your home directory but
I had some bad experiences with that, so can't really help on that.
Since I'm the only user on my computer I'm the only one who has access
to /var/www and I just created a directory there, did a chmod 777 on
it and set the permissions to my user (chown -R
<username>:<groupname>).

I think HowtoForge <http://www.howtoforge.com/howtos/linux/ubuntu>
might have a detailed tutorial about it.

- Jensen

Old 11-20-2007, 02:15 PM
"TEREZA SIMCIC"

Tnx Jenson, it works perfectly for now ))