Old 12-03-2007, 03:30 PM
"John Dangler"

Default Installing Apache2, PHP, MySql as one single .deb file or 3.deb files ?

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 11:12 -0500, Don Don wrote:
> There is no internet conenction thats the main problem
>
> Isuru Samaraweera <isuru@opensource.lk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 06:35 -0800, Don Don wrote:
> >
> > Hi All, I am trying to install the above 3 softwares on a
> linux
> > machine without connection to the itnernet on a fiesty
> unbuntu
> > machine. (The PC must not be connected to the internet or a
> network so
> > installation must be through other means).

Sure. Go to a machine that can reach the web. Download and burn an iso
of Ubuntu server. Put that disc into the non-network machine. install
LAMP server.

Jack

[snip]

Old 12-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Don Don

Nice one Jack ! did not think of that.* Just to add do I install from the Server CD when am booted into the desktop environment or do I boot from the server CD to install LAMP.* And either way I dont want to loose my desktop environment. * Cheers * Olu.