FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Tim
 
Default unsubscribe

Tim:
>> Oi! Read the addresses quoted above very carefully. You're sending
>> your unsubscribe to the wrong address.

John Summerfield:
> If OP was reading the mail, your reply wouldn't be needed.

You'd hope so, but I think that's three unsub messages I've seen in the
last few days. Sometimes people don't notice that the addresses aren't
quite the same until another hint comes along.

--
(This computer runs FC7, my others run FC4, FC5 & FC6, in case that's
important to the thread.)

Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.
I read messages from the public lists.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 11-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Ed Greshko
 
Default unsubscribe

Tim wrote:

> You'd hope so, but I think that's three unsub messages I've seen in the
> last few days. Sometimes people don't notice that the addresses aren't
> quite the same until another hint comes along.

Which is why, when I see these unsubscribe messages, I reply directly to the
individual and don't copy the list.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 11-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Tim
 
Default unsubscribe

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 22:35 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Which is why, when I see these unsubscribe messages, I reply directly
> to the individual and don't copy the list.

But the next person trying to unsub who makes a token effort to find out
how, might just see the unsub thread, and a solution.

I agree that I wouldn't go doing this as a regular thing, but once in a
while can be a good thing.

--
(This computer runs FC7, my others run FC4, FC5 & FC6, in case that's
important to the thread.)

Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.
I read messages from the public lists.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 11-27-2007, 03:22 PM
"Lamar Owen"
 
Default unsubscribe

On Tuesday 27 November 2007, Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 22:35 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > Which is why, when I see these unsubscribe messages, I reply directly
> > to the individual and don't copy the list.

> But the next person trying to unsub who makes a token effort to find out
> how, might just see the unsub thread, and a solution.

Quite honestly, if someone won't read the directions on how to unsub they are
not likely to find or use the archives. Possible, perhaps, but not likely.
This thread is too long already....
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer
Pisgah Astronomical Research Institute
1 PARI Drive
Rosman, NC 28772
(828)862-5554
www.pari.edu

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 11-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Tim
 
Default unsubscribe

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 11:22 -0500, Lamar Owen wrote:
> This thread is too long already....

/me takes the scissors out of the sewing box... snip!

How's the weather over there...? ;-)

--

Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.
I read messages from the public lists.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 11-27-2007, 10:17 PM
John Summerfield
 
Default unsubscribe

Tim wrote:

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 11:22 -0500, Lamar Owen wrote:

This thread is too long already....


/me takes the scissors out of the sewing box... snip!

How's the weather over there...? ;-)


According to The West, California's on fire, again. Like we will be soon.

btw try tim@localhost.cameratim.com for an unusable address.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait
1aaaaaaa@coco.merseine.nu Z1aaaaaaa@coco.merseine.nu
-- Advice
http://webfoot.com/advice/email.top.php
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

You cannot reply off-list:-)

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 11-28-2007, 06:01 AM
Tim
 
Default unsubscribe

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 08:17 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> btw try xxxxxx for an unusable address.

No need, what I do works fine for me. And 'tis considered extremely bad
etiquette to try un-anonymising someone.

--
(This computer runs FC7, my others run FC4, FC5 & FC6, in case that's
important to the thread.)

Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.
I read messages from the public lists.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 11-28-2007, 06:08 AM
"Arthur Pemberton"
 
Default unsubscribe

On Nov 27, 2007 8:35 AM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@greshko.com> wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>
> > You'd hope so, but I think that's three unsub messages I've seen in the
> > last few days. Sometimes people don't notice that the addresses aren't
> > quite the same until another hint comes along.
>
> Which is why, when I see these unsubscribe messages, I reply directly to the
> individual and don't copy the list.


Seems to me you're encouraging lazyness. It doesn't take much effort.


--
Fedora 7 : sipping some of that moonshine
( www.pembo13.com )

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 11-28-2007, 06:11 AM
Frank Cox
 
Default unsubscribe

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:31:20 +1030
Tim <ignored_mailbox@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> And 'tis considered extremely bad
> etiquette to try un-anonymising someone.

http://www.kidneyschool.org/mod_05/photos/m05_p01.gif

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://www.melvilletheatre.com

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 11-28-2007, 06:42 AM
Tim
 
Default unsubscribe

Tim:
>> 'tis considered extremely bad etiquette to try un-anonymising someone.

Frank Cox:
> http://www.kidneyschool.org/mod_05/photos/m05_p01.gif

Hahaha, love it...

--
(This computer runs FC7, my others run FC4, FC5 & FC6, in case that's
important to the thread.)

Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.
I read messages from the public lists.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:59 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org