Old 12-03-2007, 02:13 PM
chombee

Default Cowon iaudio t2 charging status

Just using a Cowon iAudio T2 ('mp3 player' with linux and ogg vorbis
support). For transferring files it works like a standard USB device --
plug it in and a file browser window pops up. You are supposed to
charge the battery via USB too. The instructions say to plug it in,
then "Use the safe remove wizard on your computer" (a Windows reference
I guess) and then the player will display the charge status instead of
the "USB Connected" symbol. So I unmount the device in Ubuntu (via the
GUI) but leave it plugged in, but it still displays the USB Connected
symbol.

It _does_ appear to be charging, but you have to unplug the device to
see the charge level. I'd like to figure out how to display the charge
level while it's charging like it's supposed to.

Any ideas?

<http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/iaudio/t2/>

Thanks

Old 12-03-2007, 03:54 PM
"Dave M"

[...]

I have the Cowon iAudio U2. It will charge even when
it is not ejected (un-mounted). The battery icon is
dark while charging and turns light when fully charged.

These are great little media players. Mine plays .ogg
files and can sort the playback order by date. Great
for listening to podcasts in the correct order.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:46 PM
"Tab Gilbert"

I have the Cowon iAudio U2. It will charge even when

it is not ejected (un-mounted). The battery icon is
dark while charging and turns light when fully charged.

These are great little media players. Mine plays .ogg
files and can sort the playback order by date. Great

for listening to podcasts in the correct order.

Same thing with my U3.

tab