Old 12-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Don Don

Default Installing Apache2, PHP, MySql as one single .deb file or 3 .deb files ?

* Hi All,* I am trying to install the above 3 softwares on a linux machine without connection to the itnernet on a fiesty unbuntu machine. (The PC must not be connected to the internet or a network so installation must be through other means). * The problem am having is finding all the required libraries, sub-libraries etc for each of those packages, e.g. to install apache using the .deb install files will require several dependency libraries with each of those sub-libraries also have netsted sub libraries, so there is a problem of finding all required libraries, even after getting all these libaries there is the problem of which to install first and trying to install a library will ask for a previous library to be installed first. * This is just for apache2 alone, the same process applies to the other remaining two packages.* So am looking to see if I can just download a single .deb
file for example apache2 and this single file will have all the necessary libraries for apache to install.* The sam applies to mysql and php.* There's so much headache finding all the dependent libraries that apache will need and then the other problem of the installation order. * Is this possible ? * many thanks

Make Yahoo! your homepage.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Derek Broughton

Isuru Samaraweera wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 06:35 -0800, Don Don wrote:
>>
>> This is just for apache2 alone, the same process applies to the other
>> remaining two packages. So am looking to see if I can just download a
>> single .deb file for example apache2 and this single file will have
>> all the necessary libraries for apache to install. The sam applies to
>> mysql and php. There's so much headache finding all the dependent
>> libraries that apache will need and then the other problem of the
>> installation order.
>>
>> Is this possible ?

Not as far as I know.

Try:

# sudo apt-get --print-uris install apache2 php5 mysql-server-5.0

I'm not sure if this will actually list all your dependencies, but I think
it's your best bet.

> try following lines on the command prompt.You don't need to install
> dependent files separately
> apt-get install php5
> apt-get install mysql-server-5.0
> apt-get install apache2

Sure you do, if you don't have an Internet connection.
--
derek

Old 12-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Don Don

There is no internet conenction thats the main problem

Isuru Samaraweera <isuru@opensource.lk> wrote: On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 06:35 -0800, Don Don wrote:

> Hi All, I am trying to install the above 3 softwares on a linux
> machine without connection to the itnernet on a fiesty unbuntu
> machine. (The PC must not be connected to the internet or a network so
> installation must be through other means).
>
> The problem am having is finding all the required libraries,
> sub-libraries etc for each of those packages, e.g. to install apache
> using the .deb install files will require several dependency libraries
> with each of those sub-libraries also have netsted sub libraries, so
> there is a problem of finding all required libraries, even after
> getting all these libaries there
is the problem of which to install
> first and trying to install a library will ask for a previous library
> to be installed first.
>
> This is just for apache2 alone, the same process applies to the other
> remaining two packages. So am looking to see if I can just download a
> single .deb file for example apache2 and this single file will have
> all the necessary libraries for apache to install. The sam applies to
> mysql and php. There's so much headache finding all the dependent
> libraries that apache will need and then the other problem of the
> installation order.
>
> Is this possible ?

try following lines on the command prompt.You don't need to install
dependent files separately
apt-get install php5
apt-get install mysql-server-5.0
apt-get install apache2

--Isuru

> many thanks

Be a better pen pal.
Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.--