Old 12-03-2007, 12:50 AM
Cesar Augusto Suarez

Default can not add work areas

Hi.
Im keep trying with my recent installed Gutsy, i loved
it.
however, i have a bug.
i have 2 workareas, when i add more, it doesnt
appears, so i can only have 2 workareas.
however, if i go to CompizConfig settings manager,
nothing happens, i mean the launcher is not working
any more

Comparte video en la ventana de tus mensajes (y también tus fotos de Flickr). Usa el nuevo Yahoo! Messenger versión Beta.
http://e1.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/

Old 12-03-2007, 01:07 AM
James Takac

On Monday 03 December 2007 11:50:52 Cesar Augusto Suarez wrote:
> Hi.
> Im keep trying with my recent installed Gutsy, i loved
> it.
> however, i have a bug.
> i have 2 workareas, when i add more, it doesnt
> appears, so i can only have 2 workareas.
> however, if i go to CompizConfig settings manager,
> nothing happens, i mean the launcher is not working
> any more
>

> Comparte video en la ventana de tus mensajes (y también tus fotos de
> Flickr). Usa el nuevo Yahoo! Messenger versión Beta.
> http://e1.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/

Hi Cesar

How did you try to add them? Prob the easiest way is to right click on the
icon showing the work areas and choosing preferences from there.

I sometimes get to the point that nothing requiring admin privelages will work
and a reboot tends to fix those for me. Otherwise you may have an
ownership/privelages issue that needs sorting out

James

Old 12-03-2007, 03:46 AM
Alex Janssen

Cesar Augusto Suarez said the following on 12/02/2007 08:50 PM:
> Hi.
> Im keep trying with my recent installed Gutsy, i loved
> it.
> however, i have a bug.
> i have 2 workareas, when i add more, it doesnt
> appears, so i can only have 2 workareas.
> however, if i go to CompizConfig settings manager,
> nothing happens, i mean the launcher is not working
> any more
>

> Comparte video en la ventana de tus mensajes (y también tus fotos de Flickr). Usa el nuevo Yahoo! Messenger versión Beta.
> http://e1.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/

If you're running Gnome, you should be able to right-click the Workspace
Switcher in the lower right on the bottom panel and select Preferences.
At least, I can. Then you can increase or decrease the number of
workspaces in the Preferences Dialog. Let us know if you can or cannot
do that.

Alex

--
Ourwoods.org
Ambition is the last refuge of the failure. (21)