Old 12-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Doug Schrock

Default howto mount a second cdrom (Bruce Marshall)

> On Sunday 02 December 2007, Tim M wrote:
> > I am embarrassed to say that I cannot figure out how to mount and use
> > the second cdrom (actually a dvdrom) I have installed in my small test
> > server. I have read a articles on the subject but they never seemed to
> > address the problem I am having. The new drive shows up in the BIOS
> > but I am not sure how to find it using command lines. I even installed
> > a lightweight windows manager iceWM in hopes that some visual clues
> > might help me . . . Anyway, what are the commands I need to run to
> > find the dvdrom and mount it?
> >
> > Thanks in advance, Tim
>
> Do the following to find out the names of your two devices:
>
> ls -la /dev/cd*
>
> ls -la /dev/dvd*
>
> I think that will give you the clue*

*

Tim,

*

I have the same problem, except with 2 nearly identical cdrws (TDK 52x and a TDK 48x drive)

When I tried the above, a get "no such file ordirectory".* I have edited my etc/fstab file to show hdc cdrom0 and hdd to be cdrom1.

Both show up as working in the System Bios.*

I originally installed the feisty i386 lamp server edition, but then installed the gnome destktop.* The second cdrw worked briefly.

Any help would be grealy appreciated.

*

Doug

*

*

Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live. Connect now!