Old 12-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Bill Moseley

Default Dream Machine

Ok, I'm not a hardware geek by any means, so I'm not up on current
hardware.

I'm looking to buy a new desktop. I use it mostly for work, database
server, etc. but it's also running slimserver, holds all my music,
photos, etc. Normal stuff. Not much gaming. I need dual screen
support (I currently run Xinerama on Matrox G550).

So, anyone have suggestions for graphics card and main board that
would be well supported hardware-wise? If you had, say, $800+ USD
what machine would you build?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org

Old 12-02-2007, 04:03 PM
"Chris Mohler"

On Dec 2, 2007 9:36 AM, Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:
> Ok, I'm not a hardware geek by any means, so I'm not up on current
> hardware.
>
> I'm looking to buy a new desktop. I use it mostly for work, database
> server, etc. but it's also running slimserver, holds all my music,
> photos, etc. Normal stuff. Not much gaming. I need dual screen
> support (I currently run Xinerama on Matrox G550).
>
> So, anyone have suggestions for graphics card and main board that
> would be well supported hardware-wise? If you had, say, $800+ USD
> what machine would you build?

http://www.cheapstingybargains.com/37429/dell-vostro-400-desktop-with-core-2-duo-processor-233ghz-and-19-flat-panel-599-w-free-shipping/

Not really a build, but...

Chris