Old 12-02-2007, 03:36 AM
SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux

Default Acer Aspire 4520 / AMD Turion 64 BusyBox v1.1.3 & initramfs

Hello again
After some more experiments I have to express that t/his (my friend's)
system seems to be a real cripple !!!

After a few more tries:

1) RedHat cannot detect the CD nor the DVD and breaks installation ;-(
2) SUSE 10 cannot detect the HDD and also breaks installation ;-((

Only Ubuntu 7.10 Life CD brings a reasonable display of the expected
Desktop !

One more installation try from this Life CD Desktop again ends in the
display of the bl-00-dy BusyBox with its initramfs prompt !!

It's really getting hopeless for me / us !!!

Sorry for not having better news ;-O
You hava nice Sunday,
cheers, svobi