Old 12-02-2007, 02:55 AM
Felix Miata

Default AGP Voltage

Is there some utility that can tell what voltage being supplied by the AGP
slot? I bought some used OEM rebranded Matrox G400 cards off eBay, and can't
find model numbers that tell what generation of cards they are. I read
somewhere that early models only worked at 3.3V, while most can run 1.5V.
Some modern motherboards can be damaged using 3.3V-only cards, and don't want
to take unnecessary risk.
--
" Our Constitution was made only for a moral
and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Old 12-03-2007, 12:00 PM
"Steve Flynn"

On Dec 2, 2007 3:55 AM, Felix Miata <mrmazda@ij.net> wrote:
> Is there some utility that can tell what voltage being supplied by the AGP
> slot? I bought some used OEM rebranded Matrox G400 cards off eBay, and can't
> find model numbers that tell what generation of cards they are. I read
> somewhere that early models only worked at 3.3V, while most can run 1.5V.
> Some modern motherboards can be damaged using 3.3V-only cards, and don't want
> to take unnecessary risk.

I presume you have already done this, but have you checked your BIOS -
mine tells me what voltages are on the various rails and it also tells
me what voltage the AGP slot is pushing out - I've had this kind of
information on my machines since the mid-90's so I assume yours has
the same info...

If not, then lmsensors perhaps (can't check - at work).

--
Steve
people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0