Old 07-16-2008, 10:18 AM
"daulat rathod"

Default hi

can u tell me we can run program on ubuntu i am new to this have ubuntu version 7.10

Old 07-16-2008, 10:51 AM
"Phil Bieber"

Old 07-16-2008, 10:56 AM
James Collier

Hi Daulat,
What particular program would you like to run?
If you've come from a Windows background the
"Applications | Places | System" menus in the top left corner of your
screen correspond to the Windows "Start" button. From the Applications
menu you can select which program you would like to run from a variety
of categories.
Hope that answers your question?
In the future you might like to experiment a little before you ask
questions. Or even google.com.* to search for your answer.
This helps keep answers on this list as prompt and helpful as possible.
Welcome to the wonderful world of GNU/Linux and Ubuntu, I'm sure you'll
enjoy yourself!

James Collier

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 15:48 +0530, daulat rathod wrote:
> can u tell me we can run program on ubuntu i am new to this have
> ubuntu version 7.10

---
/************************************************** *********************
*INTERESTING FACT: *
* GNU/Linux is a state of the art, fully featured Operating System *
* with your freedom bundled inside. Boasting lightning fast *
* startup times; intrinsic security designed from the start; *
* amazing eye candy and 3D effects; thousands of people all around *
* the world working on such things as documentation and code every day.*
* Best of all it's free. *
* Value your freedom? *
* Visit fsf.org & badvista.org *

Old 07-17-2008, 05:06 AM
"daulat rathod"

pls tell i need the wine software which can run appliaction on ubuntu how can i download from wine website

Old 07-17-2008, 05:11 AM
"Shrikar archak"

Hi,
you can directly use synaptic package manager to install wine.

Thanks,
Shrikar

pls tell i need the wine software which can run appliaction on ubuntu how can i download from wine website

Old 07-17-2008, 05:53 AM
"Raseel Bhagat"

Hi Daulat,