Old 04-17-2012, 07:26 AM
milad nasr

Default hi

hi all
we installed a centos linux with special packages and config
i want to if there is any way to make installable linux iso from that linux with all config and packages something such as rocks or ...
sorry for my english

tnx

Old 04-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Ljubomir Ljubojevic

On 04/17/2012 09:26 AM, milad nasr wrote:
> hi all
> we installed a centos linux with special packages and config
> i want to if there is any way to make installable linux iso from that
> linux with all config and packages something such as rocks or ...
> sorry for my english
> tnx

this list is only for development of CentOS. Please ask on users mailing
list (just "centos").

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...

Old 09-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Andrei Rolando León Salas

Hello how are u, im having a little problem. i use the webmin to install
automatly postfix, in the other server works, but in this now says.

Error while checking current Postfix configuration. Please manually fix
Postfix configuration.

postfix: fatal: file /etc/postfix/main.cf: parameter mail_owner:
unknown user name value: postfix

Manually edit the Postfix configuration
file.<https://mercadeoeficaz-cr.com:10000/postfix/edit_manual.cgi>

i dont know what to do, can u help me please

Old 09-28-2012, 07:21 PM

Andrei Rolando León Salas wrote:
> Hello how are u, im having a little problem. i use the webmin to install
> automatly postfix, in the other server works, but in this now says.
>
> Error while checking current Postfix configuration. Please manually fix
> Postfix configuration.
>
> postfix: fatal: file /etc/postfix/main.cf: parameter mail_owner:
> unknown user name value: postfix
>
> Manually edit the Postfix configuration
> file.<https://mercadeoeficaz-cr.com:10000/postfix/edit_manual.cgi>
>
> i dont know what to do, can u help me please

You need to learn something about what you're doing.

For one, how did webmin install postfix? If from a tarball, then there's a
bunch of stuff to do. If, on the other hand, you'd done it the *right*
way, with a yum install, the scripts in the package would have created the
user and group postfix.

mark

Old 09-28-2012, 08:21 PM
John R Pierce

> Hello how are u, im having a little problem. i use the webmin to install
> >automatly postfix, in the other server works, but in this now says.

ask the webmin folks, webmin is not part of CentOS.

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast

Old 09-30-2012, 05:31 PM
"James B. Byrne"

On Fri, September 28, 2012 15:21, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
> Andrei Rolando León Salas wrote:
>> Hello how are u, im having a little problem. i use the webmin to
>> install
>> automatly postfix, in the other server works, but in this now says.
>>
>> Error while checking current Postfix configuration. Please manually
>> fix
>> Postfix configuration.
>>
>> postfix: fatal: file /etc/postfix/main.cf: parameter mail_owner:
>> unknown user name value: postfix
>>
>> Manually edit the Postfix configuration
>> file.<https://mercadeoeficaz-cr.com:10000/postfix/edit_manual.cgi>
>>
>> i dont know what to do, can u help me please
>
> You need to learn something about what you're doing.
>
> For one, how did webmin install postfix? If from a tarball, then
> there's a
> bunch of stuff to do. If, on the other hand, you'd done it the *right*
> way, with a yum install, the scripts in the package would have created
> the
> user and group postfix.
>
> mark

Webmin as shipped will use Yum on CentOS to handle software management
(other than Perl modules). From the way the information is presented
by the OP it seems likely that the default method is used in this
instance.

The error is this:

>> postfix: fatal: file /etc/postfix/main.cf: parameter mail_owner:
>> unknown user name value: postfix

You are missing the postfix user id in /etc/passwd. If that user id
is missing then it is likely that your install procedure did not
complete properly. I would suggest using yum remove post followed by
yum install postfix issued as the root user from the command line.

--
*** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241

Old 09-30-2012, 05:33 PM
"James B. Byrne"

On Sun, September 30, 2012 13:31, James B. Byrne wrote:

> The error is this:
>
>>> postfix: fatal: file /etc/postfix/main.cf: parameter mail_owner:
>>> unknown user name value: postfix
>
> You are missing the postfix user id in /etc/passwd. If that user id
> is missing then it is likely that your install procedure did not
> complete properly. I would suggest using yum remove post followed by
> yum install postfix issued as the root user from the command line.

s/b yum remove postfix; yum install postfix