Old 09-04-2010, 02:46 AM
Parshwa Murdia

Default hi

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 5:16 AM, James Takac <p3nndrag0n@gmail.com> wrote:

And can be transferred to any computer that can boot from a usb drive**Yes.
Parshwa Murdia

Old 09-04-2010, 03:45 AM
Basil Chupin

On 03/09/2010 18:14, Parshwa Murdia wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Basil Chupin <blchupin@iinet.net.au
> <mailto:blchupin@iinet.net.au>> wrote:
>
> Hello Basil,
>
> The question to be asked here is: how did you manage to get Fedora
> installed together with Windows to begin with?
>

> I didn't manage but only installed reading instructions in the book I
> had for Fedora.
>

> If you managed to install Fedora with Windows then you should have no
> problems with installing Ubuntu with Windows by simply replacing
> Fedora.
>

> The purpose was that there may be a chance that sometimes a different
> distro might have some different property/ies. But seeing and now
> being confirmed, it is for sure that Fedora would be replaced.
>

> Or was the Windows/Fedora installation done for you by somebody else?
>

> No I did install that.

So, you are not a newbie which is what I wanted to know :-) .

What I suggest that you do is to use the manual partitioning option,
delete Fedora and replace it with Ubuntu.

BC

--
...more people are driven insane through religious hysteria than by drinking alcohol.
W C Fields

Old 09-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Parshwa Murdia

So, you are not a newbie which is what I wanted to know :-) .

BC,

I am newbie in terms of implementing softwares and not newbie when you talk of installation of Fedora.

*

What I suggest that you do is to use the manual partitioning option,

delete Fedora and replace it with Ubuntu.
Yes.
Parshwa Murdia

Old 09-17-2010, 06:15 AM
"Muthelo, Lindelani"

Hi

*

We currently switching on to ubuntu so im doing a research
on serve platform and workstation.

*

Regards

Lindelani

To read FirstRand
Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into
your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

If you are unable to
access the Disclaimer, send a blank e-mail to firstrandbankdisclaimer@fnb.co.za
and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:48 AM
"Nikolai K. Bochev"

Hello,

Good luck with your research ! Let us know the results

Regards.

We currently switching on to ubuntu so im doing a research
on serve platform and workstation.

Regards

Lindelani

To read FirstRand
Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into
your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

If you are unable to
access the Disclaimer, send a blank e-mail to firstrandbankdisclaimer@fnb.co.za
and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.

--

Nikolai K. Bochev
System Administrator

Old 09-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Tapas Mishra

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Muthelo, Lindelani <LMuthelo@fnb.co.za> wrote:
> Hi
>

> We currently switching on to ubuntu so im doing a research on serve platform
> and workstation.
What exactly you mean by research can you tell a thing or two?

--
Tapas
http://mightydreams.blogspot.com

Old 09-18-2010, 05:14 PM
"Muthelo, Lindelani"

Title: Re: Hi

By research i mean,How are we gona deploy the image to the branch servers and the whole implemantation.
*
Regards
Lindelani

Old 09-19-2010, 05:48 AM
Tapas Mishra

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Muthelo, Lindelani <LMuthelo@fnb.co.za> wrote:
> By research i mean,How are we gona deploy the image to the branch servers
> and the whole implemantation.

Thats a very straight forward thing.Are you trying different OS or
different virtualization technologies
or thin provisioning with some sort of customization.
Please do post what ever results you get or find useful so that we may
be aware of this type of experiments.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Tapas Mishra

Hi,list
I want to know if some one who has done some kernel
programming,developed some basic device driver are they eligible
enough to be able to get with you people to work as kernel
development online.Do you people provide some mentor ship also in such
case.I do wish I can contribute some code but I really do not know
what to do.
What ever research I did for Linux Kernel part was purely based on my
own interest.

--
http://mightydreams.blogspot.com