Old 09-03-2010, 07:19 AM
Parshwa Murdia

Default hi

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 7:18 AM, James Takac <p3nndrag0n@gmail.com> wrote:

That's basically the route I've taken in the past. What I'd suggest is to boot

the live cd and at first skip the install screen. An install icon will be

placed on the desktop. Once the desktop loads you can click through System ->

Administration -> Partion Editor from memory. The partion editor doesn't

appear to have installed by default after that on my system but can be added

in later if I need. You can then wipe the unwanted partions.

The only unwanted partition is the one in which right now is Fedora Core 11 (100 GB) and none other, as I want Windows as it is. Further, on the desktop, after clicking the Ubuntu icon, I guess it must be having an option of 'replacing the existing Linux system' there only can't be done, because simultaneously it would be formatted too.

*Of course leave

the windows partion, the recovery partion assuming a recent pc and no windows

install disk, and any other partition you're not sure of. Generally you'll be

wiping the ext partions and the swap partion. Save that and exit the

partition manager. then double click the install icon on the desktop. Follow

the prompts and it should give you the option to use the largest available

free space. Take that option. It will look after the rest from there. On some

systems the install will appear to get stuck somewhere after the 90% mark. If

that happens (wait a while to make sure). You can safely reboot andlog in.

You'll likely have to click through Application -> Accessories -> Terminal

and enter the following command

Okay, but would there be any option I have to replace the existing Fedora Core 11 with this one.

sudo dpkg --configure -a

*to correct a reported error from the update manager (assuming red minus sign

shows towards the top right of screen)

I'd also suggest to see what others may say re this. It's worked for me on 3

systems to date. 2 of which required that last step. It seems to depend on

the system being installed to

Correct.
Parshwa Murdia

Old 09-03-2010, 07:25 AM