Old 12-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Bharani Prasanth Sure

Default Icon size

Is there any way to deal with default icon size in gnome?..Like in download a pdf file from the net and I find the icon very large..I had to manually resize each icon for several such files..using "stretch icon"..but is there any default way instead..

Bharani.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:39 PM
"Smith, Herb"

All,

Is there a way in FC15 to get smaller icons on the desktop? I didn't see anything in the Settings or in the Tweaker tool to allow that. Also, although I have the bluecurve icons installed, there doesn't seem to be a way to select them. Is there a way to get them to show up on the list when adjusting appearances?

Thanks in advance,

Herb

Old 08-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Craig Goodyear

On 08/08/2011 12:39 PM, Smith, Herb wrote:
> All,
>
> Is there a way in FC15 to get smaller icons on the desktop? I didn't see anything in the Settings or in the Tweaker tool to allow that. Also, although I have the bluecurve icons installed, there doesn't seem to be a way to select them. Is there a way to get them to show up on the list when adjusting appearances?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Herb

I wasn't sure if you were trying to make changes in gnome 3. For gnome
3 to adjust the size of the icons shown under the Activities ->
Applications you must modify the css file located at:

/usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/gnome-shell.css

Under the "/* Apps */" heading, change ".icon-grid" and ".icon-grid
.overview-icon" entries.

Craig