Old 05-28-2008, 09:07 PM
"holotone@gmail.com"

Default Cellular Automaton Sequencing

Saw this come across the CDM feed today, and was hoping someone could help me track down a similar app that'd work under Linux; I'm interested in sequencing a collection of sounds in a semi-random rhythmic fashion - Anything ya'll know if that'd fit the bill?

I'm also interested in software at all along the lines pseudo-random / glitchy / fractal / math inspired music.

Thanks!
--
~holotone
http://holotone.net/

Old 05-28-2008, 09:17 PM
"holotone@gmail.com"

I reckon the link might help:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2008/05/28/glitchds-free-cellular-automaton-music-sequencer/

Saw this come across the CDM feed today, and was hoping someone could help me track down a similar app that'd work under Linux; I'm interested in sequencing a collection of sounds in a semi-random rhythmic fashion - Anything ya'll know if that'd fit the bill?

I'm also interested in software at all along the lines pseudo-random / glitchy / fractal / math inspired music.

Thanks!
--
~holotone
http://holotone.net/

--
~cole
http://holotone.net/

Old 05-29-2008, 08:17 AM
"antoine clémot"

OF course with Pure Data you can do anything you want!
But you have to make it work and understand the subtilities. There are surely some patches on the web dealing with "sequencing a collection of sounds in a semi-random rhythmic fashion" (type "random.pd" for example or look for "*.pd or even "patch *.txt ....)

good luck!

Old 05-29-2008, 11:47 AM
padovani

Take a look in Taube's Common Music/Common Lisp Music ... It is really
easy to generate math inspired music on lisp...
Taube has created GraceCL (not Grace, which is another app) which
depends only on SBCL (install from the repositories).

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=9766&package_id=260584&rele ase_id=574343
http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/doc/cm.html

another solution is puredata (mainly if you plan to use automata in
interactive music systems or in real-time situations).