Old 05-28-2008, 05:08 PM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Default trouble with kino, kdenlive, cinelerra dor video editing in hardy studio

Hi everyone,

I've tested kino under hardy i386 studio.

I've tried to open a flv file, kino as usual detected it as a none DV
file, I've accepted to convert it into a DV one.

the script used by kino is using mencoder/ffmpeg, the first video was 4s
long, but after 10 minutes, nothing to see, the progress bar was moving
alone.

Under Gutsy studio i386, there wasn't this trouble.

I'm not sure, but i think the trouble is coming from ffmpeg or mencoder,
because, i've tried to do the same thing with kdenlive, and after
rendering in DV PAL, the file was created without error, but, with vlc,
mplayer it was possible to read it, but no image, and no sound, only a
grey fix image.

Also, we met a strange trouble with our deb package of cinelerra for
hardy release,

under hardy normal, the i386 or amd64 package is working fine, under
hardy studio, the i386 package is unsuable in simple user, the software
launch normally, but none of the menus are avaibable by left clic.

we found a "bad solution", launch the program with sudo cinelerra, and
it works...

We have no information at this time about the amd64 package under hardy
studio.

So, at this time, gutsy studio's still better than Hardy's one for video
editing...

Bye,

Laurent