Old 05-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Hartmut Noack

Default Firewire trouble on 8.04 too

Old 05-26-2008, 02:29 AM
"Chris Wenn"

Hi Hartmut

What IEEE1394 controller do you have? (sudo lspci -v should list all devices - look for IEEE1394)

What does the verbose jack log say?

Is there any error shown in syslog?

I found that I could get my Focusrite working (briefly - I discovered hardware problems with the Ricoh chipset were ultimately to blame) if I removed the dv1394 module which was autoloaded...

Chris

Old 05-27-2008, 10:21 AM
"Cory K."

Hartmut Noack wrote:
> Any solutions out there? :-)

Sure. Find out the difference and tell us so we can fix things.

-Cory K. m/

Old 05-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Hartmut Noack

Old 05-28-2008, 11:18 AM