Old 11-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Tzafrir Cohen

Default sound card

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 03:30:19AM -0600, lee wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 11:50:24PM +0100, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
>
> > Maybe using module-assistant to add the module to the kernel would be easier
>
> What is module-assistant?

$ aptitude show module-assistant
Package: module-assistant
State: installed
Automatically installed: yes
Version: 0.10.11.0
The module-assistant tool helps users and maintainers with managing external
kernel modules packaged for Debian. It can do:

* automated preparation of build environment for modules compilation (eg.
automatical detection and installation of required kernel source/headers)
* automated module source downloads
* configuring and keeping track of external and localy built modules packages
* semi-automated multiple builds for multiple kernel versions

It also contains some framework to be used by the build-scripts in the
accompanying modules-source packages in Debian.

Tags: admin::kernel, devel::debian, interface::commandline, role:rogram,
scope::utility, suite::debian, works-with::software:source

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend

Old 11-17-2008, 04:17 PM
lee

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 09:43:43AM +0000, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 03:30:19AM -0600, lee wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 11:50:24PM +0100, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> >
> > > Maybe using module-assistant to add the module to the kernel would be easier
> >
> > What is module-assistant?
>
> $ aptitude show module-assistant

Hm, apt-cache search didn't seem to find that yesterday. I must have
been too tired ... :/

Isn't it easier to just download the latest kernel source, configure
and install than it is to build a package? (I'm somewhat not up to
date, that's why im reading this list again ...)

Old 05-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Thank you all for the help and special thanks to Jörn for mentioning the PCI/ PCIe issue.

At last I had to decide to order a 9632 or HDSPe AIO and I'll order the PCIe card tomorrow.

I hope the 1 Stereo-IO will be enough for my needs, but I think so, because I can't order more RME gear right now. To loop in 19" FX I only can buy a http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/ADA8000.aspx, I suspect that I won't like the Behringer's quality for recording instruments, but to loop in 19" reverb for home recoding this should be good enough.

Btw. I'll order a KORG NANO for Ardour too.

Again, thank you very much to everybody,

Ralf

Old 02-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Patrick Dupre

Hello,

I have a ASRock M3AUCC motherboard with a chipset
Northbridge: AMD 480X CrossFireâ„¢ Chipset
- Southbridge: AMD SB600

and an audio:
5.1 CH HD Audio (VIA® VT1705 Audio Codec)

It work fine with knoppic but aplay -lv
aplay: device_list:252: no soundcards found...

How can I fix this issue?

Thank
--
---