Old 05-12-2008, 03:08 AM
"Rich E"

Default right way to upgrade latest jack without braking ubuntustudio?

Hi,

I would really like to try out the new midi features in Ardour, among other things that can only be installed by compiling beta libraries, such as the lastest libjack.* What is the best way to do this without breaking Ubuntu Studio; if I try to uninstall libjack via apt, I have to uninstall just about everything.* Is there a way to get around this?* Or is there a way to get ardour to 'overlook' the ubuntustudio packages and see the ones I have compiled from source?

This has been bugging me for a while, so I thought I would see what others do about it..

regards,
Rich

Old 05-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Gustin Johnson

Old 05-13-2008, 12:21 AM
"Rich E"

I see what you mean about not needing to install from source; I upgraded to Hardy yesterday and all the packages are available though apt for compiling Ardour 3.0 from source

I don't know if I should have teased myself though, now I still need to wait a long time before any official release comes out.* But it is looking nice already.

regards,
rich