Old 05-07-2008, 12:41 AM
"ryan lerch"

Default Fedora Websites wikibanner

I have done up a couple of quick banners for the fedora-websites wiki banner item in the design queue:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService#head-86dc2e29d159d7e9633beafc7e1a31b047799b20

Any ideas / suggestions for improvements?

cheers,

ryanlerch

Old 05-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Nicu Buculei

ryan lerch wrote:
I have done up a couple of quick banners for the fedora-websites wiki
banner item in the design queue:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService#head-86dc2e29d159d7e9633beafc7e1a31b047799b20

Any ideas / suggestions for improvements?

I uploaded a "remix" of your design.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:49 AM
"ryan lerch"

I like that one so much better nicu.
the address bar just further reinforces the fact that the window is a browser, and is much easier to identify it than my first 2...

cheers,
ryanlerch

Old 05-07-2008, 02:53 PM
"Craig Thomas"

2008/5/7 ryan lerch <ryanlerch@gmail.com>:
> I like that one so much better nicu.
> the address bar just further reinforces the fact that the window is a
> browser, and is much easier to identify it than my first 2...

Hey all,

These are great and I think look really nice. Although, my first
thought was 'hey, that's system help!' until I saw the version with
the address bar and the words 'http://..'

Cheers,

--
Craig

Old 05-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Nicu Buculei

Craig Thomas wrote:

the address bar just further reinforces the fact that the window is a
browser, and is much easier to identify it than my first 2...

These are great and I think look really nice. Although, my first
thought was 'hey, that's system help!' until I saw the version with
the address bar and the words 'http://..'

Sometime I have a tendency to go over the top, so I went to the wiki and
uploaded a fourth version: with the Firefox icon on the top-left corner
of the window, now it should be even more obvious it is a browser.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:24 PM
"Craig Thomas"

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> Craig Thomas wrote:
>

> > 2008/5/7 ryan lerch <ryanlerch@gmail.com>:
> >
> > > I like that one so much better nicu.
> > > the address bar just further reinforces the fact that the window is a
> > > browser, and is much easier to identify it than my first 2...
> > >

> > These are great and I think look really nice. Although, my first
> > thought was 'hey, that's system help!' until I saw the version with
> > the address bar and the words 'http://..'
> >

> Sometime I have a tendency to go over the top, so I went to the wiki and
> uploaded a fourth version: with the Firefox icon on the top-left corner of
> the window, now it should be even more obvious it is a browser.

Wow, thank you! You are right, it is now a browser, no question.

This will help spruce up our wiki space, thanks again.

--
Craig

Old 05-08-2008, 02:06 AM
"ryan lerch"

> Craig Thomas wrote:

Wow, thank you! *You are right, it is now a browser, no question.

This will help spruce up our wiki space, thanks again.

Craig, will you be able to get back to us if (or when) the fedora-websites team approves this and starts using as your banner?
I will then remove it from the design queue and add to our archives!

cheers,
ryanlerch

Old 05-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 18:04 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Sometime I have a tendency to go over the top, so I went to the wiki and
> uploaded a fourth version: with the Firefox icon on the top-left corner
> of the window, now it should be even more obvious it is a browser.

Perhaps the Echo browser icon should be used instead of the logo of a
specific external product.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:32 AM
"Craig Thomas"

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 10:06 PM, ryan lerch <ryanlerch@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Craig Thomas wrote:
> >
> > Wow, thank you! You are right, it is now a browser, no question.
> >
> > This will help spruce up our wiki space, thanks again.
> >

> Craig, will you be able to get back to us if (or when) the fedora-websites
> team approves this and starts using as your banner?
> I will then remove it from the design queue and add to our archives!

(bah, sorry ryan if I got you twice.., meant to send to the list...i
keep doing that!)

Yes I will and I am sorry for not mentioning that the banner will be
discussed at our next meeting (which is today).
Also, I have taken the liberty of linking to Nicu's first revision on
the wiki, in the meantime.

Thanks again,

--
Craig

Old 05-08-2008, 08:18 PM
"ryan lerch"

Yes I will and I am sorry for not mentioning that the banner will be

discussed at our next meeting (which is today).
Not a problem mate! Hope the rest of the websites team likes it, or even has ideas for improvements
*

Also, I have taken the liberty of linking to Nicu's first revision on

the wiki, in the meantime.
I noticed that too... I think it looks great!

cheers,
ryanlerch