Old 05-05-2008, 08:36 AM
"Jamin Peckham"

Default Upgrading to Hardy stopped.

First time posting here. Think I could use some help here with my upgrade though.
Went from Ubuntu Studio 7.10 amd64 (rt-kernel) to Ubuntu 8.04 amd64 using the DVD from the ubuntu studio page. So I pop in the dvd and hit the update button and it downloads and installs/removes a buttload of programs and libraries, and suddenly as it's installing the upgrades, it comes up with this (screenshot):

http://www.mediamax.com/ouoertheo/Hosted/Screenshot.png
And being a windoz dumbass I just now pushed control-c after selecting the text to try and copy it, so this is now whats currently on my screen

http://www.mediamax.com/ouoertheo/Hosted/Screenshot-1.png
I've tuned Gutsy for what seemed to take decades to work with my comp, and it works great for me as a musician. I'd really like to be able to salvage it, so I'm going to leave the upgrade crashed while I still have internet and will continue to be paranoid to continue. So any particular way I can salvage it? Or is it deaded?

--
Cheers

Jamin Peckham

Old 05-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Gustin Johnson

Old 05-05-2008, 04:26 PM
"Toby Smithe"

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 9:36 AM, Jamin Peckham <jaminpeckham@gmail.com> wrote:
> First time posting here. Think I could use some help here with my upgrade
> though.
> Went from Ubuntu Studio 7.10 amd64 (rt-kernel) to Ubuntu 8.04 amd64 using
> the DVD from the ubuntu studio page. So I pop in the dvd and hit the update
> button and it downloads and installs/removes a buttload of programs and
> libraries, and suddenly as it's installing the upgrades, it comes up with
> this (screenshot):
> http://www.mediamax.com/ouoertheo/Hosted/Screenshot.png
> And being a windoz dumbass I just now pushed control-c after selecting the
> text to try and copy it, so this is now whats currently on my screen
> http://www.mediamax.com/ouoertheo/Hosted/Screenshot-1.png
> I've tuned Gutsy for what seemed to take decades to work with my comp, and
> it works great for me as a musician. I'd really like to be able to salvage
> it, so I'm going to leave the upgrade crashed while I still have internet
> and will continue to be paranoid to continue. So any particular way I can
> salvage it? Or is it deaded?

Erm, the Screenshot-1 doesn't seem to show any error. Sure, there's a
backtrace, but if update-manager is ignoring it, I see no reason why
you shouldn't, too. Just remove the obsolete packages (if you think
you don't need them any more, which is probably the case) and be done
with it.