Old 05-05-2008, 03:09 AM
"Hector Centeno"

Default Problem with Blender in Hardy

Hi Cory,

> I always recommend a from-disk install if you need Studio. Installing
> the metas from the repo is *not* Studio.
>
> -Cory m/

What are then the differences between installing UbuntuStudio metas
over a Hardy install and installing straight from-disk (beside getting
less apps because of the slimming down of Studio)?

Thanks!

Hector

Old 05-05-2008, 10:18 AM
"Irene Coremberg"

Hello:
Compiz was responsible for all that. My Ubuntu Studio 8.04 comes from a clean installation from disk, but I see that Blender + Compiz = bad mix.

Thanks a lot!

Irene

2008/5/4 Cory K. <coryisatm@ubuntu.com>:

Irene Coremberg wrote:

> Hello:

> Recently I've migrated to Ubuntu Studio 8.04, and had some trouble with

> Blender:

> 1- Blender works with two modes: Windowed and fullscreen, but both two

> works as fullscreen.

Turn off Compiz.

> 2- When I try to get a Render (F12), the program crashes.

Might also be Compiz related.