Old 05-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Irene Coremberg

Default Problem with Blender in Hardy

Hello:
Recently I've migrated to Ubuntu Studio 8.04, and had some trouble with
Blender:

1- Blender works with two modes: Windowed and fullscreen, but both two
works as fullscreen.
2- When I try to get a Render (F12), the program crashes.

Since last month, I used it on Ubuntu Studio 7.10 and it worked very well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Irene C.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:23 AM
"Cory K."

Irene Coremberg wrote:
> Hello:
> Recently I've migrated to Ubuntu Studio 8.04, and had some trouble with
> Blender:
>
> 1- Blender works with two modes: Windowed and fullscreen, but both two
> works as fullscreen.

Turn off Compiz.

> 2- When I try to get a Render (F12), the program crashes.

Might also be Compiz related.

> Since last month, I used it on Ubuntu Studio 7.10 and it worked very well.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Irene C.

I always recommend a from-disk install if you need Studio. Installing
the metas from the repo is *not* Studio.

-Cory m/