-   -   xruns at a period of 10 minutes (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/80917-xruns-period-10-minutes.html)

05-02-2008 09:36 PM

xruns at a period of 10 minutes

Hi,
I get quite reliably a single xrun at a period of exactly 10 minutes,
and I haven't found the problem yet.
Since it's exactly 10 minutes I suspect that it is some system-thing,
but even deactivating anacron didn't help.
I somehow suspect that it is some network stuff, so if you happen to
know of a heavy network activity that happens at that interval, please
tell me.

I don't get the xrun completely reliable, but almost, and the period
didn't change, so it may be at xx.3, xx.13, xx.33, x.43,...
The jack settings are more on the lowlatency-side, about 8ms on my usb
device, and otherwise quite stable.
(/usr/bin/jackd -R -P70 -p128 -dalsa -r44100 -p128 -n3 -D -Chw:1 -Phw:1
-i2 -o2 -Xseq)

I wonder if other users experience something similar or have some ideas.

Thanks in advance,
Philipp

Fabien Juchniewicz 05-03-2008 06:36 AM

xruns at a period of 10 minutes

Hi,

You should try to stop the "network monitor". By stoppping it, I achieve no xruns at 0,667ms of latency !

You can try also to launch jackd with something like : nice -n-15 jackd XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX to be sure to have a highest priority.

my 0.02‚ā¨

/Fabien

Le vendredi 02 mai 2008 √* 23:36 +0200, hollunder@gmx.at a √©crit :

"Christopher Stamper" 05-03-2008 05:44 PM

xruns at a period of 10 minutes

Pull the ethernet cable.

:-)

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 2:36 AM, Fabien Juchniewicz <fabien@juchniewicz.eu> wrote:

[...]

Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper@gmail.com
Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg

gTalk: http://tinyurl.com/6e359r
Skype: cdstamper

"simone www.io-sound.org" 05-03-2008 06:27 PM

xruns at a period of 10 minutes

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 7:44 PM, Christopher Stamper
<christopherstamper@gmail.com> wrote:
> Pull the ethernet cable.
>
> :-)
PUSH THE LITTLE PLASTIC TAB FIRST
:-) :-)

> On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 2:36 AM, Fabien Juchniewicz <fabien@juchniewicz.eu>
> wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > You should try to stop the "network monitor". By stoppping it, I achieve
> no xruns at 0,667ms of latency !
> >
> > You can try also to launch jackd with something like : nice -n-15 jackd
> XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX to be sure to have a highest priority.
> >
> > my 0.02‚ā¨
> >
> > /Fabien
> >
> > Le vendredi 02 mai 2008 √* 23:36 +0200, hollunder@gmx.at a √©crit :
> >
> > Hi,
> > I get quite reliably a single xrun at a period of exactly 10 minutes,
> > and I haven't found the problem yet.
> > Since it's exactly 10 minutes I suspect that it is some system-thing,
> > but even deactivating anacron didn't help.
> > I somehow suspect that it is some network stuff, so if you happen to
> > know of a heavy network activity that happens at that interval, please
> > tell me.
> >
> > I don't get the xrun completely reliable, but almost, and the period
> > didn't change, so it may be at xx.3, xx.13, xx.33, x.43,...
> > The jack settings are more on the lowlatency-side, about 8ms on my usb
> > device, and otherwise quite stable.
> > (/usr/bin/jackd -R -P70 -p128 -dalsa -r44100 -p128 -n3 -D -Chw:1 -Phw:1
> > -i2 -o2 -Xseq)
> >
> > I wonder if other users experience something similar or have some ideas.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Philipp
> >

> > --

> Christopher Stamper
>
> Email: christopherstamper@gmail.com
> Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg
> gTalk: http://tinyurl.com/6e359r
> Skype: cdstamper

.wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be
accepted and/or viewed....
... and by the way i won t read you FWs either, stop sending useless junk!

"Christopher Stamper" 05-03-2008 06:33 PM

xruns at a period of 10 minutes

ROTFLOL!!!

Fabien Juchniewicz 05-03-2008 07:41 PM

xruns at a period of 10 minutes

Well I meant network manager.

/F

Le samedi 03 mai 2008 √* 14:33 -0400, Christopher Stamper a √©crit :

ROTFLOL!!!

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 2:27 PM, simone www.io-sound.org <cimo75@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 7:44 PM, Christopher Stamper

<christopherstamper@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pull the ethernet cable.

> :-)

PUSH THE LITTLE PLASTIC TAB FIRST

:-) :-)

> On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 2:36 AM, Fabien Juchniewicz <fabien@juchniewicz.eu>

> wrote:

> > Hi,

> > You should try to stop the "network monitor". By stoppping it, I achieve

> no xruns at 0,667ms of latency !

> > You can try also to launch jackd with something like : nice -n-15 jackd

> XXX XXX XXX XXX XXX to be sure to have a highest priority.

> > my 0.02‚ā¨

> > /Fabien

> > Le vendredi 02 mai 2008 √* 23:36 +0200, hollunder@gmx.at a √©crit :

> > Hi,

> > I get quite reliably a single xrun at a period of exactly 10 minutes,

> > and I haven't found the problem yet.

> > Since it's exactly 10 minutes I suspect that it is some system-thing,

> > but even deactivating anacron didn't help.

> > I somehow suspect that it is some network stuff, so if you happen to

> > know of a heavy network activity that happens at that interval, please

> > tell me.

> > I don't get the xrun completely reliable, but almost, and the period

> > didn't change, so it may be at xx.3, xx.13, xx.33, x.43,...

> > The jack settings are more on the lowlatency-side, about 8ms on my usb

> > device, and otherwise quite stable.

> > (/usr/bin/jackd -R -P70 -p128 -dalsa -r44100 -p128 -n3 -D -Chw:1 -Phw:1

> > -i2 -o2 -Xseq)

> > I wonder if other users experience something similar or have some ideas.

> > Thanks in advance,

> > Philipp

> > --

> Christopher Stamper

> Email: christopherstamper@gmail.com

> Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg

> ¬*gTalk: http://tinyurl.com/6e359r

> Skype: cdstamper

.wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be

accepted and/or viewed....

... and by the way i won t read you FWs either, stop sending useless junk!

--

Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list

Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper@gmail.com

Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg

gTalk: http://tinyurl.com/6e359r

Skype: cdstamper

05-03-2008 09:08 PM

xruns at a period of 10 minutes

On Sat, 03 May 2008 21:41:16 +0200
Fabien Juchniewicz <fabien@juchniewicz.eu> wrote:

> Well I meant network manager.
>
> /F

Thanks to all of you.
I'm pretty sure that disconnecting the network does the trick, but I
wasn't yet able to narrow it down completely.
Disabling the network during recording appears to be a sensible
recommendation.

Best Regards,
Philipp