Old 05-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Fred Schuelzky

Default Hardy doesn't recognize usb turntable

Hello
I upgraded to Hardy last nite, and so far I can't get the os to see my
usb turntable. I couldn't get it to work properly under Gutsy but it was
recognized.

Any help will be appreciated.

Fred

Old 05-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Andrew Hunter

Old 05-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Fred Schuelzky

Andrew Hunter wrote:

Hi Andrew
Was it you that answered a previous message of mine?? Some how I lost
those messages in the bowels of Thunderbird, sorry.

The attachment is in abiword format couldn't get it to paste into open
office format.

Thank you
Fred

Old 05-03-2008, 01:45 AM
Fred Schuelzky

Andrew Hunter wrote:

Andrew
Thanks for the reply, I attached an abi word doc with the output of
lsusb -v and dmesg | tail. I just got an email that the list moderator
held it up because it was 40 kb. So I'm not really sure how to attach it.
The lsusb output was several pages. the dmesg was maybe 1/2 a page. The
dmesg did see the usb device, I may have jumped the gun when I didn't
see it listed under sound in kinfocenter.
Is ther another way to attach the information?

Thanks
Fred

Old 05-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Andrew Hunter

Old 05-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Fred Schuelzky

Andrew Hunter wrote:

Andrew
Where does the output from this command go lsusb -v > lsusb.txt? I ran
it in shell and nothing seems to happen.

Thanks Fred

Old 05-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Andrew Hunter

Fred Schuelzky wrote:
| Andrew Hunter wrote:
| Fred Schuelzky wrote:
| | Andrew Hunter wrote:
| | Fred Schuelzky wrote:
| | | Hello
| | | I upgraded to Hardy last nite, and so far I can't get the os to
| | see my
| | | usb turntable. I couldn't get it to work properly under Gutsy but it
| | was
| | | recognized.
| |
| | Please attach the output of "lsusb -v" and "dmesg | tail" (after pluging
| | in the device).
| |
| | Thanks,
| |
| | Andrew.
| |

| | Hi Andrew
| | Was it you that answered a previous message of mine?? Some how I
| | lost those messages in the bowels of Thunderbird, sorry.
|
| | The attachment is in abiword format couldn't get it to paste into open
| | office format.
|
| A plain text file would be preferable. You can redirect the output of
| the commands with the > operator in bash. ie:
|
| lsusb -v > lsusb.txt
|
| Then attach lsusb.txt
|

| Thanks,
|
| Andrew
|>
| Andrew
| Where does the output from this command go lsusb -v > lsusb.txt? I ran
| it in shell and nothing seems to happen.

Look in the directory you ran the command in. You can specify it
explicitly. For example lsusb -v > ~/lsusb.txt will redirect the output
to lsusb.ext in your home folder.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Andrew Hunter

Andrew Hunter wrote:
| Fred Schuelzky wrote:
| | Andrew Hunter wrote:
| | Fred Schuelzky wrote:
| | | Andrew Hunter wrote:
| | | see my
| | | was
| | |
| | | Please attach the output of "lsusb -v" and "dmesg | tail" (after
pluging
| | | in the device).
| | |
| | | Thanks,
| | |
| | | Andrew.
| | |

| |
| | | Hi Andrew
| | | Was it you that answered a previous message of mine?? Some how I
| | | lost those messages in the bowels of Thunderbird, sorry.
| |
| | | The attachment is in abiword format couldn't get it to paste into open
| | | office format.
| |
| | A plain text file would be preferable. You can redirect the output of
| | the commands with the > operator in bash. ie:
| |
| | lsusb -v > lsusb.txt
| |
| | Then attach lsusb.txt
| |
| |
| | Thanks,
| |
| | Andrew
| |>
| | Andrew
| | Where does the output from this command go lsusb -v > lsusb.txt? I ran
| | it in shell and nothing seems to happen.
|
| Look in the directory you ran the command in. You can specify it
| explicitly. For example lsusb -v > ~/lsusb.txt will redirect the output
| to lsusb.ext in your home folder.

lsusb.txt rather.

Old 05-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Fred Schuelzky

Andrew Hunter wrote:

> Andrew Hunter wrote:
> | Fred Schuelzky wrote:
> | | Andrew Hunter wrote:
> | | |
> pluging
> | | |
> | | |
> | | |

> | |
> | |
> | |
> | | A plain text file would be preferable. You can redirect the output of
> | | the commands with the > operator in bash. ie:
> | |
> | | lsusb -v > lsusb.txt
> | |
> | | Then attach lsusb.txt
> | |
> | |
> | | Thanks,
> | |
> | | Andrew
> | |>
> | | Andrew
> | | Where does the output from this command go lsusb -v > lsusb.txt? I ran
> | | it in shell and nothing seems to happen.
> |
> | Look in the directory you ran the command in. You can specify it
> | explicitly. For example lsusb -v > ~/lsusb.txt will redirect the output
> | to lsusb.ext in your home folder.
>
> lsusb.txt rather.
>

> | | Thanks Fred

Andrew
I found the lsusb.text file, according to Dolphin it is 59.kb.
According to the list moderator this is to big.
Whats neat and I appreciate it, is that I am learning.....may not be
about turntables but I'm learning more about the operating system and
command line usage.
I gotta go to work.

Thanks
fred

Old 05-03-2008, 04:10 PM
"Jason Schaefer"

Fred - you will need to compress the file. In nautilus right click the
file and Create Archive then select .zip or tar.gz or tar.bz2. Anyone
of these should compress enough to be able to attach. BUT, I recommend
you use http://pastebin.com/ send the link to the pasted text and then
you don't have to attach or compress.