Old 04-26-2008, 12:46 PM
greg emond

Default compressor?

Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 14:20:32 +0200
From: cimo75@gmail.com
To: Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: compressor?

ok next step is finding out a good compressor, something very easy mono compressor mainly for microphone.. what s your favorite one?
Simone
--
You know, If your LAPSDA plugins are working... just dig in there for any effects, its a gold mine...(ok maybe a copper mine, some of that stuff is ummmmm shaky?)

Â*

my favorite is SC4 mono or stereo....does the job... and as long as you dont squeeeeeeeeeeeze the @#$$% out of your waves, its relatively transparent.Â*

Â*

I gotta say though... its ok for drum overheads, and mild vocal compression, but if you want a compressor that makes your vocal tracks "jump out", get an external box.Â* im a LOUD kind of guy, so I swear only by joe meek. Goddam I love that boxÂ*!Â* 12:1 on a hard knee and a bit of makeup gain...Â*and BAM, youre in front!

Branchez-vous aujourd’hui. Jusqu’au 12 mai, lorsque vous vous connectez Ă* Windows Live Messenger, vous courez la chance de gagner 1000$ Ă* chaque jour. Plus d’info sur connectezetgagnez.ca

Old 04-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Hartmut Noack

Old 04-26-2008, 02:22 PM
"simone www.io-sound.org"

ok thanks
i am already on SC4 i was asking because since i got (seriously) into linux audio i realized that there are so many hidden treasures that are just waiting to be found so i d better ask!
txxx
Simone