Old 04-27-2008, 08:23 PM
"Daniel Green"

Default upgrading from 7.10 to 8.04

> I've tried to upgrade UbuntuStudio from 7.10 to 8.04 and it appears that
> there is a dependency problem concerning audacious which prevents the
> upgrade from working. Since audacious is installed by default
> (ubuntustudio-audio depends on it), the only thing to do is to wait
> until this problem is solved. I believe this won't take too much time,
> as it is only a dependency problem.

Bug report time?

Old 04-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Adrien ROBIN

Bug indeed already reported :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/audacious/+bug/221382
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/222345
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/219685
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/222568
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/222909
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/223135
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/221699

Many duplicates :P (and many mistakes, as it is not a bug from
update-manager).

Old 04-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Andrew Hunter

Adrien ROBIN wrote:
| Bug indeed already reported :
| https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/audacious/+bug/221382
| https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/222345
| https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/219685
| https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/222568
| https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/222909
| https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/223135
| https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/221699
|
| Many duplicates :P (and many mistakes, as it is not a bug from
| update-manager).

The debian packager of Audacious has a (stupid) circular dependancy that
~ breaks upgrades and has yet to fix it...