Old 04-24-2008, 07:16 PM
"Christopher Stamper"

Default OT: How to split the ubuntu-studio iso file

Well, 8.04 is finally out!

The problem is, I have dialup. So I need to go to our library and download it on my 1gb flash drive. But it's too big.

It there a way to split the iso into smaller chunks, preferably with an app I can run of of my flash drive? I have two 1gb flash drives, and a 512mb.

Thanks, and sorry if it's too OT...
--
Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper@gmail.com
Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg

gTalk: http://tinyurl.com/6e359r
Skype: cdstamper

Old 04-24-2008, 07:19 PM
"Cory K."

Christopher Stamper wrote:
> Well, 8.04 is finally out!
>
> The problem is, I have dialup. So I need to go to our library and
> download it on my 1gb flash drive. But it's too big.
>
> It there a way to split the iso into smaller chunks, preferably with
> an app I can run of of my flash drive? I have two 1gb flash drives,
> and a 512mb.
>
> Thanks, and sorry if it's too OT...

For the Users list this is a fine question. Problem is, I don't think
you can. Maybe with some rsync or wget magic?

-Cory m/

Old 04-24-2008, 07:27 PM
"Christopher Stamper"

I'll be using a public Window$ XP SP1 PC, with hardly any privileges.

No fun wget's for me...

:-(

I'm looking around, it seems to be possible. But it needs to be portable, (on my flash drive {no privileges}) so it's kinda hard. Maybe impossible. I was just hoping someone else had done this.