Old 04-23-2008, 11:36 PM
"Daniel Green"

Default Multichannel soundcard with preamps...

Fantastic suggestion! Thank you :-). In terms of audio quality, how
noticeable are these compared to higher market cards?

Old 04-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Ming

How much is your budget actually (in US$ unit please )?

Old 04-24-2008, 08:09 AM
"simone www.io-sound.org"

the 828 is not a budget card but the older model is fairly cheap if second hand and remember it s a firewire card

Old 04-24-2008, 08:54 AM
"Daniel Green"

> How much is your budget actually (in US$ unit please )?

Well, I'm not sure yet. Probably an absolute max of $200 if I save for
a while, but the less expensive the better. Am I being too frugal to
get something of decent quality?

Old 04-24-2008, 11:38 AM
"simone www.io-sound.org"

then again the emagic 6/2 2/6 offer apple quality stuff (if that make any sense to you) at a budget price but you ll need a small preamp box or a mix desk

Old 07-01-2008, 05:41 PM
"Daniel Green"

My budget has jumped! I'm now looking at the $500 range (although less
is still a huge plus, back down to around $200). I want to both start
recording /and/ performing live. It would be nice if I had a card that
would be ideal for both, but one now and one later or both totaling
$560ish would be awesome too.

The instrument line up (at max) would be something like
* Synth or Keyboard
* Another Synth or Keyboard
* Microphone
* Second Microphone
* Guitar
* Bass Guitar

However, that would be more for live effect processing as recording
would be done with one instrument hooked up at a time.

The laptop will take care of playing the drums ;-).

Thank you for your time!