Old 04-23-2008, 11:11 PM
"Daniel Green"

Default Multichannel soundcard with preamps...

I'm looking for a decent multichannel sound card with preamps for my
laptop so I can hook multiple instruments up to JACK and do live
effect processing.... with a very modest price tag... perhaps I'm
asking for too much? Working on a college budget, hehe. I measure
expenses in units of WEOPB, standing for Weeks Eating only Peanut
Butter.

In any case, I'd be at least interested in researching suggestions :-)

Thank you!
Dan.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:20 PM
"simone www.io-sound.org"

maybe some old 828 mkII but if you are very low on budget go for old Emagic 6/2 or 2/6 the driver is already in the kernel so just plug n play and they go for very cheap on ebay but no preamp on those so you ll need to hook something before.

Simone

I'm looking for a decent multichannel sound card with preamps for my

laptop so I can hook multiple instruments up to JACK and do live

effect processing.... with a very modest price tag... perhaps I'm

asking for too much? Working on a college budget, hehe. I measure

expenses in units of WEOPB, standing for Weeks Eating only Peanut

Butter.

In any case, I'd be at least interested in *researching suggestions :-)

Thank you!

Dan.

.wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be accepted and/or viewed.