Old 04-22-2008, 07:44 AM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Default beginners with rezound

Hi everyone,

I'm on holiday in France, and i'm discovering rezound.

i'm running under Ubuntu Studio 7.10, with linux-rt enable.

i've got 2 sound card, and the pci one is connected to my speakers.

I'm using alsa by default.

Rezound was not installed by default, is it normal ?

with synaptic, i've installed it, at the first launch, while firefox was
opened with jiwa website working, it was impossible to read an audio
track in rezound with this error.

void CSoundPlayerChannel:lay(sample_pos_t,CSoundPlaye rChannel::LoopTypes,bool
-- the sound player is not initialized

by starting rezound in terminal, i've discovered rezound is using OSS by
default, so the sound card can't work with an another program.

Is there a file, where it's possible to configure rezound to use ALSA or
jack, if this one is running ?

Thank's for all

Laurent

Old 04-22-2008, 04:17 PM
"Jason Schaefer"

from the command line type:
rezound --audio-method=jack

You can also create a launcher with this as the command, if you don't
want to run it manually all the time. Remember you need jack running
for this to work too.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:49 PM

If you read french you can look to this fabulous site:

http://www.linuxmao.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_articles.php

and particulary this :

http://www.linuxmao.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Rezound&highlight=rezound

bye

Old 04-23-2008, 06:26 AM
"laurent.bellegarde"

leyoy@free.fr a écrit :
> If you read french you can look to this fabulous site:
>
> http://www.linuxmao.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_articles.php
>
> and particulary this :
>
> http://www.linuxmao.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Rezound&highlight=rezound
>
> bye

hi, thank's for the adress. I've already read it, but nothing about this
trouble.

with this line,

rezound --audio-method=jack

adapted to

rezound --audio-method=alsa

rezound is working fine, but i can't use at the same time another program using the sound.

I'm gonna try today with jack.

Thanks

Laurent

Old 04-23-2008, 09:39 PM