Old 11-28-2007, 03:48 PM
"Cory K."

Default What do you guys listen to? :)

So here's my 2nd "fun" post. So like the title says...

I'm a defiantly a metalhead but still listen to alot of music. Metal,
underground Hip-Hop, some Trip-Hop, Rock (many different types) and
electronica, Rock, Classical. You know what, it's easier to list what I
don't like. Opera and Country are the 2 biggest that come to mind.

Some bands:
Metal

* Machine Head
* Misery Index
* SLAYER
* Psyopus
* Dimmu Borgir
* Martyr
* Biomechanical
* Mastodon

Hip-Hop

* Aesop Rock
* Cannibal Ox
* EL-P
* GraySkul
* R2DJ

Then there's really just too much.

Recently bought:
The Allman Brothers Band - "Idlewild South"

Old 11-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Oscar

Nice one
http://www.lastfm.es/user/spacepluk

m/ oo m/

2007/11/28, Cory K. <
coryisatm@nc.rr.com>:So here's my 2nd "fun" post. So like the title says...

[...]

Oscar Morante
GPG: CA7417FF

"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Asmo Koskinen

Cory K. kirjoitti:
> I don't like. Opera and Country are the 2 biggest that come to mind.

I have all The Beatles and Peter Gabriel CD's (Peter's DVDs are really
great ones, have them all), almost every CD from Frank Zappa and then
there is Randy Newman, Joni Mitchell and so on - singer-songwriters.

I listen only one radio station all the time - Radio Paradise - on my
PC, laptop or N800.

Do not forget gospel - Larry Norman. I have LN's Only Visiting This
Planet LP - original (Verve Records V6-5092) - that's my real treasure.

So - what you got? The Beatles White Double original LP? :-)

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Greg K.

Tons of stuff (like everybody hehe) but I could say: (no particular order)

Frank Zappa
King Crimson
Genesis (with Peter Gabriel)
Nine in Nails
Cornelius
Tool
Aphex Twin
Sly & the Family Stone
James Brown
Cheval de Frise
Depeche Mode
dEUS
Don Caballero
RHCP
J. Frusciante solo
Keziah Jones
Lamb
Jane's Addiction
Primus
Magma
Miles Davis
My Bloody Valentine
Sonic Youth
Pink Floyd
Slint
Squarepusher
The Soft Machine
Ween
The Beatles
Bjork

oups... I should stop here, that already looks like a s.p.a.m. :/

Besoin d'un e-mail ? Créez gratuitement un compte Windows Live Hotmail, la boîte e-mail entièrement personnalisable ! Windows Live Hotmail

Old 11-28-2007, 04:44 PM
"Rafael F. Compte"

I'm a classical guitar player, so I listen to a lot of classical music,
not just guitar, but anything. Especially Bach, Beethoven, Renaissance
music and a lot of contemporary from Stravinsky and Debussy.
I really like electroacustic music, like Stockhausen and Parmeggiani
that's the main reason I'm into audio software, from Ardour to Pure
Data. But I also do music arrangements, so notation is very important to
me. I mainly use Rosegarden and Lilypond.

I like a lot of rock (of the more classic kind), not so much metal, but
I do like the old Metallica though. My favorites: Pink Floyd and Led
Zeppelin. I'm very much into Radiohead now. Bjork also comes to my mind.
I recently saw her in concert and that blew me away !!

Best,

Rafael F.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Asmo Koskinen

Cory K. kirjoitti:
> I don't like. Opera and Country are the 2 biggest that come to mind.

I have all The Beatles and Peter Gabriel CD's (Peter's DVDs are really
great ones, have them all), almost every CD from Frank Zappa and then
there is Randy Newman, Joni Mitchell and so on - singer-songwriters.

I listen only one radio station all the time - Radio Paradise - on my
thin client, fat PC, laptop or N800.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Asmo Koskinen

Old 11-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Toby Smithe

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 11:48 -0500, Cory K. wrote:
> So here's my 2nd "fun" post. So like the title says...
>
> I'm a defiantly a metalhead but still listen to alot of music. Metal,
> underground Hip-Hop, some Trip-Hop, Rock (many different types) and
> electronica, Rock, Classical. You know what, it's easier to list what I
> don't like. Opera and Country are the 2 biggest that come to mind.

I really listen to an awful lot of stuff, in various languages. Most of
my collection is some kind of rock, but being a musician, I also have
the odd classical piece or so. I do quite like opera; went to see
Wagner's Siegfried the other week, and it was absolutely fantastic. I'd
recommend The Bartered Bride, too.

But, there's no persuading some people. I mean, I have pretty serious
distaste for hip-hop and rap, although a couple of tracks may slip past
my boundary, and people find it very difficult to dissuade me of that.
I'm also not a huge metal fan (hehe)

Old 11-28-2007, 10:03 PM
"adam faranda"

Beatles, beach boys, aphex twin, alarm will sound, clara rockmore, hudson falcons, LFO, metallica (pre black album), divinity destroyed, sepultura, fairport convention, black sabbath, rolling stones, phil ochs, the books, lots of random folk music.

I dunno,
*I guess anything that is interesting.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:54 AM
Garnier GuiLLaume

Autechre (!!!!!!), 69db, spiral tribe (!!!!!!!!), network23, drop bass,
teknocrates, furious sound system, crystal distortion, okupé sound
system, heretik sound system, desert storm sound system, grooverider,
teknomad, poladroid, manu le malin... much more stuff available there
---> http://www.ek23sound.org/
depeche mode, the cure, bauhaus, front242, congo natty, venetian snares,
air, aphex twin, siouxie & the banshees, joy division, hendrix, killing
joke, new order, some disco stuff too