FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-21-2008, 04:12 AM
Ming
 
Default Studio-to-Go

http://www.studio-to-go.com/

Have the ubuntu-studio developers had a look at that one?
It's bootable (live CD), and it seemed that its full-version is going
to be available for free
I tried it yesterday, and it recognized my Saffire LE like magic I
didn't even need to edit any configuration files, kernel modules, JACK
parameters, bla..bla..bla... It just worked... I can see my Saffire's
multiple I/O in JACK connections window, as well as its MIDI I/O...
I hope this will inspire ubuntu-studio developers
Regards,


Ming

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 04-21-2008, 06:29 AM
Asmo Koskinen
 
Default Studio-to-Go

Ming kirjoitti:
> http://www.studio-to-go.com/
>
> Have the ubuntu-studio developers had a look at that one?
> It's bootable (live CD), and it seemed that its full-version is going
> to be available for free
>

To me it seems that there is no security fixes or updates for that distro?

> I tried it yesterday, and it recognized my Saffire LE like magic

Of course, because Saffire is supprted by ffado project.

"Focusrite has donated us a Saffire Pro 26 I/O and a Saffire.

This means that now their entire range is upgraded to the 'supported'
status, since the Pro10 is a derivative of the Pro26 and the Saffire LE
is a derivative of the Saffire.

Kudos to Focusrite (& Nick and Lars in particular)."

http://www.ffado.org/?q=node/272

So why not Ubuntu Studio, too?

http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/libfreebob0

BTW - I just bought Zoom H2, works very nicely as usb microphone with
Hardy/Audacity.

http://www.arkki.info/howto/H2_Audacity.png

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 04-21-2008, 06:50 AM
 
Default Studio-to-Go

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:29:15 +0300
Asmo Koskinen <asmo.koskinen@arkki.info> wrote:

> Ming kirjoitti:
> > http://www.studio-to-go.com/
> >
> > Have the ubuntu-studio developers had a look at that one?
> > It's bootable (live CD), and it seemed that its full-version is
> > going to be available for free
> >
>
> To me it seems that there is no security fixes or updates for that
> distro?
>
> > I tried it yesterday, and it recognized my Saffire LE like magic
>
> Of course, because Saffire is supprted by ffado project.
>
> "Focusrite has donated us a Saffire Pro 26 I/O and a Saffire.
>
> This means that now their entire range is upgraded to the 'supported'
> status, since the Pro10 is a derivative of the Pro26 and the Saffire
> LE is a derivative of the Saffire.
>
> Kudos to Focusrite (& Nick and Lars in particular)."
>
> http://www.ffado.org/?q=node/272
>
> So why not Ubuntu Studio, too?
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/libfreebob0
>
> BTW - I just bought Zoom H2, works very nicely as usb microphone with
> Hardy/Audacity.
>
> http://www.arkki.info/howto/H2_Audacity.png
>
> Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.
>
I think that it is derived from debian and gets their upgrades.

ffado isn't released yet, afaik, so it doesn't really surprise me that
it's not yet included in debian/ubuntu.

-Philipp

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:15 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org