Old 04-19-2008, 09:25 PM
"simone www.io-sound.org"

Default midi control over plugins

hi
is there a way to MIDI control plugins without using a "main" host (ardour etc) i mean for example, is it possible to control jackrack via midi? other option?
if not what is it advised to be used: rosengarde, ardour,...,etc

thanks
simone
--
.wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be accepted and/or viewed.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Hartmut Noack

Old 04-20-2008, 09:37 PM
"simone www.io-sound.org"

ok thanks
awesome just what i needed (and something more)

jack-rack for some reason is not installed with MIDI support on UbuntuStudio, to get it working you need to install from sources but i haven tbeen able to do so yet

isn t this to be considerd a bug of UbuntuStudio?

Simone

> is there a way to MIDI control plugins without using a "main" host (ardour

> etc) i mean for example, is it possible to control jackrack via midi? other

> option?

Alsa Modular Synth.

It can host LADSPA, has own modules (utilities like mixers and

synth-related stuff) and every parameter can be controlled via MIDI.

To wire the parameters with MIDI-controllers first connect your

controller-device or software with ams using the MIDI-panel of qjackctl,

then open menu/view/control center.

As you turn a knob or move a slider its ID lights up in the left panel

of this window. You can now mark the ID and a Parameter-ID of your

liking, click "Bind" to connect them and don't forget to save the patch

before closing ;-).

The website looks a bit abandoned but fortunately Malte Steiner has

taken over the maintainance/developement of ams, so we can hope for a

great future for ams...

.wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be accepted and/or viewed.