Old 04-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Fred Schuelzky

Default Usb Turntable

Hi
I subscribed to this list a week or so ago and so far haven't seen a
lot of activity, I may have something set wrong.
I recently purchased a turntable, Numark TTXUSB with a Ortofon
cartridge. I would like to digitize a 30 year old lp collection.
So far I have not been able to make it work under Kubuntu. Kinfo
center lists the device under usb devices, card config, and audio devices.
The turntable has 2 outputs, standard rca jacks and a usb output, it
also has a built in preamp. I've tried RCA to sound card line in, and
usb input. I d/l audacity from the repositories but I'm not sure that I
have it configured correctly.
I does work under xp.

I'm new to Linux and would appreciate input.

Tia
Fred

Old 04-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Andrew Hunter