Old 04-17-2008, 09:57 AM
shirish

Default Queries of a newbie

Hi all,
I'm a newbie to the list . I have been reading quite a bit of the
archives of the mailing list and need to know few things.

1. Artwork
I just saw some beautiful user-contributed artwork for UbuntuStudio
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Artwork/UserContributed
Are there plans in works for having something (specifically CD covers
for UbuntuStudio 8.04) in works

2. Licensing
Under what license are these works put under, are they under GFDL or
something else?

3. Release Candidate
When is the release candidate up for release? I know Ubuntu's RC is up now.
Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3 8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17

Old 04-17-2008, 11:44 AM
"Cory K."

shirish wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm a newbie to the list . I have been reading quite a bit of the
> archives of the mailing list and need to know few things.
>
> 1. Artwork
> I just saw some beautiful user-contributed artwork for UbuntuStudio
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Artwork/UserContributed
> Are there plans in works for having something (specifically CD covers
> for UbuntuStudio 8.04) in works

There are no plans for "official" disk art.

> 2. Licensing
> Under what license are these works put under, are they under GFDL or
> something else?

It's up to the author to put a license to their images. Keep in mind,
the absence of a license does not mean it's free and open to use whereever.

Actually, I'm gonna make it a requirement to give a license to all the
images put on the wiki.

> 3. Release Candidate
> When is the release candidate up for release? I know Ubuntu's RC is up now.

The RC for Ubuntu is not up ATM. The images for what *might* be are, but
not the official RC. When that goes up, ours will as well. Our RC will
be the daily from the 16th.

-Cory K. m/

Old 04-17-2008, 03:00 PM
"Christopher Stamper"

'The RC for Ubuntu is not up ATM. The images for what *might* be are, but

not the official RC. When that goes up, ours will as well. Our RC will

be the daily from the 16th.'

Slightly OT, but when will the final release (whatever it's called) of studio 8.04 be? It's not the same schedule as regular ubuntu it it?

(Wasn't last release, afaik)

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 7:44 AM, Cory K. <coryisatm@ubuntu.com> wrote:

shirish wrote:

> Hi all,

> *I'm a newbie to the list . I have been reading quite a bit of the

> archives of the mailing list and need to know few things.

> 1. Artwork

> I just saw some beautiful user-contributed artwork for UbuntuStudio

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Artwork/UserContributed

> Are there plans in works for having something (specifically CD covers

> for UbuntuStudio 8.04) in works

There are no plans for "official" disk art.

> 2. Licensing

> Under what license are these works put under, are they under GFDL or

> something else?

It's up to the author to put a license to their images. Keep in mind,

the absence of a license does not mean it's free and open to use whereever.

Actually, I'm gonna make it a requirement to give a license to all the

images put on the wiki.

> 3. Release Candidate

> When is the release candidate up for release? I know Ubuntu's RC is up now.

The RC for Ubuntu is not up ATM. The images for what *might* be are, but

not the official RC. When that goes up, ours will as well. Our RC will

be the daily from the 16th.

-Cory K. m/

Christopher Stamper

Email: christopherstamper@gmail.com
Web: http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg

gTalk: http://tinyurl.com/6e359r
Skype: cdstamper

Old 04-17-2008, 03:10 PM
"Cory K."

4/24/08 - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyReleaseSchedule

> It's not the same schedule as regular ubuntu it it?

'tis

> (Wasn't last release, afaik)
'twas

-Cory K. m/

Old 04-18-2008, 04:40 AM
shirish

Hi all,
Thank you for your comments. I am specifically looking if I can get a
.torrent for Ubuntu Studio 8.04 RC . Possible?