-   -   Ubuntu Studio 12.10 RC--Final testing.....It is time! (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/711775-ubuntu-studio-12-10-rc-final-testing-time.html)

Ho Wan Chan 10-12-2012 01:39 PM

Ubuntu Studio 12.10 RC--Final testing.....It is time!

Hi guys!

Now the final stage is here....Ubuntu 12.10 has entered it's final week till release!

So what does it mean? Testing!

Yes folks, it is now high time to test the Ubuntu Studio Release Candidate and help to push out Ubuntu Studio 12.10:D

Go to http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/240/builds and choose "Ubuntu Studio (architecture)" and help test it. Follow the instructions on the testcases. Make sure you do have all the testcases covered for your architecture.

This time we removed the manual-partitioning and auto-resize testcases, so you only need to do an entire disk one.

We prefer real hardware since we also need to do the new post-installation testcase too, but then virtual machines can be used also.

If you have never done testing before, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam will be a good help. You can also find help on #ubuntustudio-devel or #ubuntu-testing channels for support in testing.

Hope you have a great time doing testing and I hope everyone will enjoy their Ubuntu Studio 12.10 on the Release day!

Cheers,
Howard Chan (smartboyhw)

Ho Wan Chan 10-13-2012 10:33 AM

Ubuntu Studio 12.10 RC--Final testing.....It is time!

I missed something.

Please also test the UPGRADE testcases, a new addition for Ubuntu Studio.

It is also in the link in the original email. You should see "Upgrade Ubuntu Studio (architecture)" there.

Thanks!

Ho Wan Chan 10-13-2012 12:50 PM

Ubuntu Studio 12.10 RC--Final testing.....It is time!

You should, report it against ubiquity please:D

There seems to be no response on clicking 'update this installer' link on Welcome page(besides 'release notes' link). No loading sign, no prompt, nothing. Should a bug be submitted?

Thanks and regards,

Akhila