Old 09-30-2012, 08:24 AM
Alex Armani

Default Same image on both screens. 8(

Hi dude{tte}s. I've just installed Ubuntu Studio 12.4 LTS 64 bit version on my laptop. Everything is workingperfectly, almost. Using a laptop with an external rgb monitor. I am getting the same picture on both my laptop screen and the monitor. There doesn't seem to be an option to take the mirror option off. It is driving me crazy. aha, tia from Toad.xx

*--*

*Alex Armani - IT Consultant / Digital Musician*
+44 775 459 5449 - MYspace.com/Alex.Armani
*www.facebook.com/Alex.Armani.01.UK

Old 09-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Mike Holstein

On Sep 30, 2012 4:25 AM, "Alex Armani" <alex.armani@rocketmail.com> wrote:

> Hi dude{tte}s. I've just installed Ubuntu Studio 12.4 LTS 64 bit version on my laptop. Everything is workingperfectly, almost. Using a laptop with an external rgb monitor. I am getting the same picture on both my laptop screen and the monitor. There doesn't seem to be an option to take the mirror option off. It is driving me crazy. aha, tia from Toad.xx

Try using arandr

Old 10-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Melvin Ray Herr

After using arandr to adjust monitor position, make a change on the display settings screen so your monitor positioning changes get saved. I.e. change orientation, apply, change it back, apply.