-   -   Same image on both screens. 8( (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/708477-same-image-both-screens-8-a.html)

Alex Armani 09-30-2012 08:24 AM

Same image on both screens. 8(

Hi dude{tte}s. I've just installed Ubuntu Studio 12.4 LTS 64 bit version on my laptop. Everything is workingperfectly, almost. Using a laptop with an external rgb monitor. I am getting the same picture on both my laptop screen and the monitor. There doesn't seem to be an option to take the mirror option off. It is driving me crazy. aha, tia from Toad.xx

*--*

*Alex Armani - IT Consultant / Digital Musician*
+44 775 459 5449 - MYspace.com/Alex.Armani
*www.facebook.com/Alex.Armani.01.UK

Mike Holstein 09-30-2012 11:12 AM

Same image on both screens. 8(

On Sep 30, 2012 4:25 AM, "Alex Armani" <alex.armani@rocketmail.com> wrote:

> Hi dude{tte}s. I've just installed Ubuntu Studio 12.4 LTS 64 bit version on my laptop. Everything is workingperfectly, almost. Using a laptop with an external rgb monitor. I am getting the same picture on both my laptop screen and the monitor. There doesn't seem to be an option to take the mirror option off. It is driving me crazy. aha, tia from Toad.xx

Try using arandr

Melvin Ray Herr 10-01-2012 09:36 PM

Same image on both screens. 8(

After using arandr to adjust monitor position, make a change on the display settings screen so your monitor positioning changes get saved. I.e. change orientation, apply, change it back, apply.