-   -   Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Beta 2 testing and testcase rewrite (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/707231-ubuntu-studio-12-10-beta-2-testing-testcase-rewrite.html)

Ho Wan Chan 09-25-2012 01:43 PM

Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Beta 2 testing and testcase rewrite

Hi folks!

We are now getting to the final stages of Ubuntu Studio 12.10 development. Now comes Beta 2, the only beta before RC and Final release:)

It will be released on Thursday and it is time to find help on testing the ISOs.

Go to [1], click "Ubuntu Studio DVD (architecture)" and follow the testcases there. You may have noticed that now it has 4 testcases instead of 2. It is just a testcase reorganization in the QA Team don't worry:)

If you have never done testing before [2] is an excellent guide to start:)

BTW we are working on a testcase rewrite. We want help to write a testcase that will focus on post-installation testing, especially in multimedia creation and audio.

Edit [3] to give your ideas. The suggestion will be put into [4] so that you can actually have a preview of it.

Find me on #ubuntustudio-devel or #ubuntu-testing to find help:)

I thank you all for helping us to build a better Ubuntu Studio and wish you a happy testing!

Regards,
Howard Chan (smartboyhw)

P.S. If you have hardware that support 64-bit please test 64-bit. In the last few rounds we discovered that 32-bit testing is more popular.

Links:
[1] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/238/builds

[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/QuantalTestcaseUpdates/UbuntuStudioTestcase

[4] http://packages.qa.dev.stgraber.org/qatracker/milestones/225/builds/16300/testcases/1336/results

D Akhila Hegde 09-26-2012 07:03 AM

Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Beta 2 testing and testcase rewrite

Hello Howard Chan,
I've started working on studio dvd i386.
Testcase for entire disk says :
Boot up the iso using a CD/DVD or USB Key to a Live SessionThe system boots properly and loads the installer displaying Welcome
dialog with language selection and 'Try Ubuntu Studio' and 'Install
Ubuntu Studio' buttons
But, we don't have 'Try Ubuntu Studio' and 'Install
Ubuntu Studio' BUTTONS in studio images, right? Should I raise a bug against testcase?
Regards,
Akhila

"Len Ovens" 09-27-2012 10:04 PM

On Wed, September 26, 2012 12:07 am, D Akhila Hegde wrote:
> Also, it says, click on install ubuntu studio icon. Though everyone knows,
> it should be a 'double' click, no?

Yes it is double click.

--
Len Ovens