Old 09-11-2012, 02:49 PM
"Kaj Ailomaa"

Default To the guy building ffado..

I believe the package you need to build ffado from svn was libffado-dev

Old 09-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Tue, 2012-09-11 at 16:49 +0200, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> I believe the package you need to build ffado from svn was libffado-dev

That doesn't sound reasonable to me, since libffado-dev has to be build
too. It should include headers ...
http://packages.ubuntu.com/de/precise/amd64/libffado-dev/filelist ...
ok, it's one header.

Regarding to

"Building from source

When building from source, you have to make sure that you compile and
install FFADO before you compile the FFADO clients. This because the
clients detect the presence of FFADO and configure themselves to include
FFADO support depending on that. If libffado is not installed correctly,
the clients will not include FFADO support." -
http://www.ffado.org/?q=node/620

the order, IOW what to build first is important. I suspect that building
FFADO first will build lib (perhaps running ldconfig manually is
required after the lib is installed) and header and after that it's
possible to build clients.

I guess I missed the original thread. Is there an output of error
messages? Perhaps dependencies are missing?

Regards,
Ralf

Old 09-11-2012, 06:22 PM
"Kaj Ailomaa"

On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 19:54:52 +0200, Ralf Mardorf
[...]

True.

I probably had all that was needed to build ffado in the first place. For
someone else (on IRC), apt-get build-dep libffado was not enough to build
ffado.

And the missing header was not the one in libffado-dev.

My mistake. I was in a hurry and di not put many seconds into this.

So, maybe you can tell us why someone was not able to build ffado after
installing build dependencies for libffado?

Old 09-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Tue, 2012-09-11 at 20:22 +0200, Kaj Ailomaa wrote:
> So, maybe you can tell us why someone was not able to build ffado
> after installing build dependencies for libffado?

The crystal ball doesn't show the output of the configure and build
processes.

I suspect that "apt-get build-dep libffado" doesn't really know what
dependencies are needed for a version from SVN.

Since it was a discussion on IRC, is there any output available at
pastebin?

Regards,
Ralf