Old 11-28-2007, 04:22 AM
"senthil kumar"

Default to connect internet via mobile

hi,
this is senthil from India I'm using ubuntu studio. i don't know how to connect Internet by sony ericsson w200i mobile. ubuntu didn't support the driver for it.help me how to install driver and connect to Internet. reply me soon.

--
senthil kumar c

Old 11-28-2007, 04:39 AM
Asmo Koskinen

senthil kumar kirjoitti:
> i don't know how to connect Internet by sony ericsson w200i mobile.

if I understand correctly, w200i do not have bluethoot. Without that
support you must have some kind of serial cable between phone and
computer and that is very hard way to connect Internet.

If your phone has bluethoot, then you need bluethoot (dongle) on your
computer, and then you can make them a pair like this way:

"For 7.10, just plug in your supported adapter and an icon appears in
the top right. Right click to setup your preferences. Devices will auto
connect to your PC and you can setup security as you connect each
device, eg your phone."

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BluetoothSetup

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:49 AM
"senthil kumar"

one more think i want to know, how to install tarballs in ubuntu, i can't extract .tar.gz file into /etc. help me.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:52 AM
Asmo Koskinen

senthil kumar kirjoitti:
> one more think i want to know, how to install tarballs in ubuntu, i can't
> extract .tar.gz file into /etc. help me.

You don't need that information - everything you ever need is in your
repository, use Synaptic.

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:50 AM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

All non-multimedia related problems should be asked in the general
ubuntu places. Not that I'm saying Ubuntu Studio community isn't
willing to help, but the broad Ubuntu community is much bigger and you
will have a lot more chance to get it resolved.

Don't forget to search around the ubuntuforums.org for somebody that
might've had the same problems and had it resolved before you (avoid
helpers repeating work and avoids you waiting for replies).

Luis de Bethencourt

On Nov 28, 2007 6:52 AM, Asmo Koskinen <asmo.koskinen@arkki.info> wrote:
> senthil kumar kirjoitti:
> > one more think i want to know, how to install tarballs in ubuntu, i can't
> > extract .tar.gz file into /etc. help me.
> >
> You don't need that information - everything you ever need is in your
> repository, use Synaptic.
>

> Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerį
luisbg